1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Heresy hunting

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Herald

Herald New Member

Paul was an Apostle writing to the churches. That office no longer exists.

Yes. We are to expose false teaching and darkness. That is done through the preaching of the truth and confronting false teaching when it is encountered.

As far as playing the part of false-teaching police; we are not called to do that. We cannot patrol social media for every bit of falsehood. We cannot stop people in the workplace who are following the prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2). When given the opportunity to speak the truth in those venues we should take it, but we cannot spend all our time doing that.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Mexdeaf, you need to do a little more study on the primary purposes of both tools. I can use my pistol butt as a hammer, but that is not its purpose.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I understand the point of the OP. However we still have yet to see an example posted of a ministry that abuses defending the faith. Most of the websites I frequent do expose heresy but also proclaim the truth.