1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heretic hunters

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by rsr, Jul 31, 2002.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    blackbird said:

Good point. And it's possible to be 100-percent orthodox and be spiritually dead.

I want to point out that I have not criticized these televangelists in general terms; I have only criticized specific comments or actions that I consider to be "over the line."

BTW, have you noticed Robert Tilton is back, this time on BET. With shows that are four years old. I have not figured out exactly what his ministry is supposed to be, other than raising money.

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

Dan, we used to watch him in high school for laughs. He would have a partially deaf man come down and scream at the top of his lungs, B-A-B-Y! in his ear. The man would say B-A-B-Y! Of course, all that screaming in his ear made is deafness worse. :eek:

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I remember Earnest doing those things. He was a hoot.

I used to enjoy the music on the Jimmy Swagart show - although it was better when he wasn't the one singing.

Talk about ruining a good thing - I guess you just have to be careful where and how you witness to woman of the night!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

rsr----WHAT??!!!!!! Tilton is back??? How come I didn't foresee that???!! How come I didn't know before you told me???!! Am I slippin'??

And just for my knowledge---are your hands on your TV set?? "I SAID GET YOUR HANDS ON THAT TV SET! YOU FOWL DEMON OF BROADCAST AIRWAVE!!"

Funny how he asks somebody to touch the broadcast for today's healing and financial blessing when the broadcast is two years old!!

Blackbird