1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hermeneutical Principle in Interpreting Scripture

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That passage deals with jews looking down at gentiles as being lessor humans, but the truth is in the eyes of God, ALL not saved by Jesus are spiritual unclean!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No because total depravity declares all mankind even the ELECT are totally depraved. The Holy Spirit doesn't come down on the gentiles till PETER preaches the Gospel to them. In other words THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS YET.

Call NO MAN UNCLEAN or UNHOLY! Judging others is a SIN.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Mr. Cassidy in scripture their are seven types of death. All mean to be separated from something.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So there is only one kind of death. To be separated from something. :)

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has already judged those who reject Jesus as damned, would that be calling them unclean?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of those not found in jesus are spiritually dead ion their sins, correct?

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dead as in the prodigal dead or the sainst a sardis not dead as in lazarus dead.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dead as not able to freely respond to God....

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The saints at Sardis were called Dead by Jesus and yet He expected them to freely respond.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Jesus has not Judged ANYONE DAMNED, -->LAST DAY.

28And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

That is the COMMAND OF GOD. We already have a DEVIL we don't need TWO ACCUSERS.

Your JUDGMENT of others is a insult and a SIN.

You are NOT JESUS, NOT even close!

The only UNCLEAN and UNHOLY you can spot is BETWEEN GOD and YOURSELF, and even then YOU ARE WRONG. SELF-RIGHTEOUS is a SIN.

Only God can make that Judgement

God says YOUR ATTITUDE makes him SICK:

Isaiah 65

5“Who say, ‘Keep to yourself, do not come near me,
    For I am holier than you!’
    These are smoke in My nostrils,
    A fire that burns all the day.

6“Behold, it is written before Me,
    I will not keep silent, but I will repay;
    I will even repay into their bosom,

7Both their own iniquities and the iniquities of their fathers together,” says the LORD.
    “Because they have burned incense on the mountains
    And scorned Me on the hills,
    Therefore I will measure their former work into their bosom.”

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus stated in john that those who reject Him right now stand already condemned as guilty.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

No he says those who reject condemn themselves.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jesus had not made a condemnation.

You don't make the call brother. Jesus Christ does. He says call NO MAN unholy or unclean.

I repeatedly show scripture. You come back with zero scripture backing because judging others is a SIN.

Think about it if judging someone is a sin what judgement can top calling them unholy, unclean and deserving hell?

Jesus Christ says don't condemn anyone and you already branded everyone deserving hell.

I couldn't condemn anyone in a worst way if I tried. By all means show me a sinful example of judgement and condemnation its a joke compared to them deserving hell.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Himself called the religious leaders who were against Him as children of Satan, was that a judgement?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES indeed!

Utilyan once stated that he is elect. No judgment. But the rest receive His justice for their sins.
    I also told him how to be sure he is elect. No repeats. Let him find the posts by himself!

Y, he has been judging you mercilessly! If U wants peace with God and his children, he MUST repent!
    He may not go to hell, but God can permit Satan to make him as miserable as Job on earth!

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

He called those who are trying to kill him have a devil as father that is an admonishment, who he previously called children of Abraham and who he forgave on the cross when they did kill him.

On the cross the Judgment call is FORGIVE THEM FATHER, THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO.

You don't have a say and dishonor Jesus' own word. Tell me those who killed Jesus are damned and the Jesus' Forgiveness is a LIE.

Are you going to discredit the holy scriptures now?

34But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.

James 4
    11Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. 12There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

John 12

47“If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Romans 2

1Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: 7to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11For there is no partiality with God.

Show us scripture to back up your slanderous accusation of others.

You don't even have the pull to say anyone deserves a slap on the wrist let alone call them unholy and unclean.

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

Yes I am elect. I also stated God showed me the book of life and assured me I was damned. Showed me where my name got crossed out from once saved to damned. I'm guaranteed never to see the pearly gates.

But my Judgement doesn't come till the LAST DAY. You don't have the right to call anyone unholy or unclean.

17. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can judge you worthy of all kinds of suffering RIGHT NOW! (You seem ignorant of Job's travails.)

You're too lazy to get out a concordance! Many people have been called unholy and unclean. Isaiah said he was a man of unclean lips! God remedied this and Isaiah became a powerful prophet. Y said the Jewish leaders were unholy and unclean. They were judged and condemned by our Lord.

If you need more proof YOU dig into the concordance!

Can always do a hermeneutical study!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible already sets a standard for judgement in the area of salvation, all who accept Jesus are saved, all who reject Him are condemned already right now, correct?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT prophets would all be very confused thinking that God did not judge or make judgments, for did he not do that ,many times thru His prophets?

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

All who reject CONDEMN THEMSELVES That doesn't qualify them as unholy and unclean. Jesus Christ has to make the call not them.

They can say well I deserve heaven and I deserve hell and hit the gavel all they want, They are not the Judge there is one judge.

Yeshua1, its plain and simple can you think of any judgement you can make about anyone that you would consider wrong?

When Jesus says " DO NOT JUDGE, DO NOT CONDEMN" Can you please give me an example of that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.