1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hero's Welcome for Bush

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Jun 11, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070611/D8PMDOQO0.html

Bush Receives Hero's Welcome in Albania

Jun 11, 1:22 AM (ET)

By JENNIFER LOVEN

TIRANA, Albania (AP) - President Bush, enthusiastically welcomed as the first U.S. president in this former communist nation, served notice Sunday he is running out of patience with Russia's objections to independence for neighboring Kosovo.

"Sooner rather than later you've got to say 'Enough's enough - Kosovo is independent,'" Bush said, telling Albanians what they wanted to hear. He said independence was a certainty.

Nearing the end of an eight-day trip, Bush got a hero's reception in this desperately poor country, still struggling to recover from being cut off from the rest of the world for four decades under the harsh rule of dictator Enver Hoxha. Hoxha died in 1985, and Albania emerged from isolation in 1990 but still is one of Europe's most impoverished lands.

Cannons boomed salutes from mountains overlooking the capital. Huge banners proclaimed "Proud to be Partners," and billboards read "President Bush in Albania Making History."

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yes, they love him in Albania. I say let's give him to them. He can be President of Albania.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Where was it I saw that people are naming their babies "George" and "Laura"? I want to say Bulgaria or somewhere.

4. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:applause:And such a welcome is greatly deserved! As it should be in America and elsewhere.

It’s very refreshing to see people behave in a respectable manner. :thumbs::thumbs:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing wrong with that. I named my second kid Milhouse.

6. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Is your first named Bart?:laugh:

7. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Absolutely right Enoch!