1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

High Turnout, New Procedures May Mean an Election Day Mess

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/17/AR2008091703663.html?hpid=topnews

I certainly hope this potential mess does not come about. It will make us look like a banana republic again.

#1 Crabtownboy, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  2. targus

targus New Member

There is no room on the Baptist Board for this kind of racism.:tear:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Libs will not try to create votes while working to deny conservative votes all the while cryng out "every vote should count" there will be a lot less mess.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I should have said why I used the word again along with the term Banana Republic.

In 2000 my wife was working in Xi'an, China. I had been there but had returned home ahead of her for medical reasons. She voted by absentee ballot. In fact, I carried it home with me and mailed it once I was inside the states. When the big mess occurred in Florida she said a number of Chinese friends made statements like:

"I never though I would see America have this type of problem. It is like they are a Banana Republic."

She said they found it very hard to believe that the world's leading democracy could possibly have such problems.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were no messes until democrats decided the only way they could win a presidential election was through the courts or by cheating.

IOW "counting every vote" , especially the illegal ones and tossing out military votes while the nation is at war.

6. Tooblessed

Tooblessed New Member

The Republicans won in 2000 by cheating, 2004 by instilling fear. 2008 hopefully the best man will win. Although if Obama wins all of the McCain/Palin supporters will say that things were not fair, that the new machines had glitches, that something foul is the cause!

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am sorry for your confusion. These tactics are belonging to the Democrats. Much like the ones here in Florida who tried to create votes all the while working to deny the votes of our overseas fighting soldiers and at the same time claiming "every vote should count".

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist