1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary Clinton bucks trend, confronts NRA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Jul 11, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "....Clinton is not only initiating a debate about gun control but also vowing to fight the National Rifle Association.

“I’m going to speak out against the uncontrollable use of guns in our country because I believe we can do better,” Clinton said Tuesday in Iowa City.

A few days earlier, she said in Hanover, N.H.: “We have to take on the gun lobby…. This is a controversial issue. I am well aware of that. But I think it is the height of irresponsibility not to talk about it.”..."
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/hillary-clinton-bucks-trend-confronts-nra

Has she forgotten the fallout from the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban in the midterm elections of 94?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ready to sell me that shotgun yet?:)

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose her timing makes sense. If she can keep the ball rolling then she may be able to take some ground. I hope not, and perhaps gun control will be a tougher nut for a nut to crack.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that I would ever vote for her anyway, but I don't think she's going to win many fence sitters by stating that she's going after people who support the Constitution.

I no longer consider Democrats or liberals to be Americans, but I'm hoping there are still enough fence sitters who are.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A great big AMEN to this!!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poll shows Clinton trailing Republicans in every swing state tested

"A stunning new poll shows trouble brewing for Hillary Clinton in key swing states, with the Democratic presidential front-runner trailing potential Republican rivals in every match-up tested.

The Quinnipiac University poll put Clinton head-to-head against Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in three states: Colorado, Iowa and Virginia.

In every hypothetical contest, the former secretary of state was either clearly trailing or, as Quinnipiac phrased it, "on the wrong side of a too-close-to-call" race......"

Yea JDF, methinks you're right. !994 deja vu hopefully. Billary's attack on the 2nd amendment 92-94 cost them both houses of congress 94 midterm elections.

"...In another troubling sign for the Democratic candidate, voters gave her poor marks on being trustworthy. In Colorado, for instance, voters said 62-34 percent she is not honest and trustworthy...."

GLORY HALLEJUHAH! Maybe there's hope for America after all!

#6 kyredneck, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. Forgot I already posted in this thread.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the primaries.

She'a appealing to her base. Her base will love her for it.

She doesn't care what anyone else thinks at this time. But the base alone will not win a general election for her.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I don't know Hillary's real base, Goldman Sachs usually get the person they want in the WH even if they have to fund both sides.