1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hillary far, far worse than Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 21, 2016.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah except that the establishment did everything they could to destroy him. The establishment did not want a Cruz over their golfing buddy who they text all the time. If Hilary is the consequences to the establishment that is on them for chosing Trump as their 3rd choice over Cruz then so be it. My conscience is clear. I will not prostrate myself to the Republican party or to Trump.

#NEVERTRUMP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Stop lying about me. It doesn't suit you."

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really, Trump was the third choice by the establishment? How can you think that? To this day, true establishment Republicans like Romney, Ryan, Bush and Kasich have yet to endorse him but some of them did endorse Ted when it was too late.

George Will and other establishment types are voting Hillary who IS establishment, at least in the uniparty.

4. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

And, yet, not voting for Trump helps Hillary win. Therefor, you want Hillary to win.

Trump may not be a conservative, but he's conservative compared to Hillary. Given that you want Hillary to win rather than a relative conservative, I don't find your claiming wanting a conservative to be credible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kasich who you just admitted is total establishment showed the establishment hand by his convenient timing of dropping out only after Cruz did. The only reason he stayed in as long as he did was because the establishment wanted him to keep Cruz from consolidating the anti Trump vote. Just because the establishment is having buyers remorse does not mean that they did not have a hand in preventing Cruz in favor of Trump. Those are just the simple facts take them or leave them there is nothing you can say that would make go back on my word and vote for Trump. #NEVERTRUMP

6. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

You've got it completely backwards. (Your reply to this will tell me whether you care about the facts.)

Kasich wasn't trying to stop Cruz, he was trying to stop Trump!
    Cruz had no chance of winning the majority of the delegates, whether Kasich stayed in the race or not. But, if Kasich could stay in and siphon some of the votes from Trump, he might help prevent Trump from getting the required majority of delegates, thus opening up the convention, so Cruz (or someone else other than Trump) could be elected by the delegates.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is neither liberal nor conservative. Trump is an opportunist. He will be anything you want him to be if it will profit him. Trump's only loyalty is to Trump.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh huh sure that's why he stayed in. And that's why he dropped out just hours after Cruz did, because he was trying to stop Trump. Sorry I don't but it considering that the only person Kasich was pulling votes from was Cruz. But I know that it was Trump's story that Kasich was taking votes from him and you as his supporters will repeat that story over and over again following Trump's big lie matra.

9. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

An opportunist would be a better president than a dedicated enemy.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like picking between ebola and dysentery.

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arsenic or cyanide

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if the result is the same.

13. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

To win the nomination, a candidate needs 1237 delegate votes. Cruz has 559 and Kasich has 161. Do the math, that's 720 combined. Even if Cruz could have all of Kasich's delegates, Cruz still would have lost by a HUGE margin.

Did you know that Kasich and Cruz had an open agreement with each other not to campaign in states where one of them were doing well, so that they wouldn't take votes away from each other?

You say Kasich was only pulling votes Cruz. I don't know where you pull hat claim from. But, votes pulled from Cruz were irrelevant (remember 720). Even if Kasich failed in his attempt to pull more votes from Trump, that's only because he was such a repulsive establishment candidate, it's not for lack of trying.

The name of the game was to take votes from Trump, to stop him from getting 1237 so that the convention could be opened up to all the candidates, so Trump could be brushed aside by the establishment. Of course, Kasich dropped out after Cruze did. The plan to stop Trump from getting 1237 votes failed.

Who's the judas goat that has your head so twisted around? Who is it you're listening to?

14. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The result isn't the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump supporters:)
    They always show their hand if you let them talk long enough. :)

You just keep repeating Trump's oh what was it that one of his supporters just called it, oh that's right propaganda.

16. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An opportunist is the dedicated enemy of everyone. Your interest and needs are of no interest to an opportunist ... unless it helps him/her. Opportunists are Chameleons,

17. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

A dedicated enemy with no interest in you? Do you read what you post?

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can see the future, eh?

19. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I'd prefer a neighbor who doesn't care about me than one who wants to burn down my house. This is called common sense. Maybe you'd jump off a cliff and criticize anyone who warned you against it by asking "I'd splat, you say? You can see the future, heh?"

Yes, I can see the future.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So can you see the future?