1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hiring a youth pastor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Agreed!

• Like Like x 1
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If BW would apologize for all her attacks on me that would be one thing but I am not holding my breath.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What attacks?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Internet Theologian

Hoping for reconciliation. Take her off ignore and contact her if you will. You want it, initiate it. You're a man, go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BW read my post and is well aware of her attacks. She can apologize but I bet that she won't.

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words you can't quote an attack by me. That's OK I forgive you for all the attacks, rabbit's and innuendo you have thrown at me since I've been on here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also to note that Jordan has called BW out for her attacks once.

8. Internet Theologian

Let bygones be bygones. We can all get along on here, and need to practice forgiveness in the manner that Christ has forgiven even our own selves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's keep on topic and leave the angst between you two out of it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I'm mistaken, it'd be great if John made this clear, so I could apologize.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Things in this thread only; but influenced by past postings. And since he makes the same descriptions, he hasn't changed his opinion about HIS church.

Lambasted? No. Encourage you to look for a different church? Most likely.

Do many people come on this board asking, "hey, my pastor believes this" or "my church is saying that"? Yup. Me, too. We solicit the knowledge and opinions of those that may be more learned than we are, or simply seeking a different perspective.

How many posts can you find where someone says I disagree with most of the things about my church--and they continue to post such things over months and years?

Personally, I find it dis-loyal and in poor taste to undermine your pastor and/or church--unless they are truly unscriptural.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where can you find Tithing in the NT? Where is it forbidden to have a sip of alcohol? What evidence makes one believe that the KJV is the best translation in english? These are unscriptural practices of my church. But I have chosen not to make a big deal out of them in church because they are secondary issues.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But you ARE making a big deal out of it because you keep talking about it and you are now deciding whether or not to vote in a young man into ministry based on these "secondary issues". I don't think they are quite as secondary to you as you think.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Secondary practices, yes. Unscriptural? NO.

Giving is discussed in Acts. The tithe itself is from the Old Testament--which, as we all agree, ALL scripture is profitable--and used as a guideline until a believer is mature enough to exercise their soul liberty on the matter.

The principle behind "forbidden" to sip alcohol is discussed in Romans 14, to keep less mature brothers and sisters from falling into error.

As for the KJV--do they mandate that all members MUST use the KJV? Have they church-disciplined anyone yet for using some other version? If not, then I submit that they're KJV-preferred--which doesn't make them unscriptural. If they have--well, grab your wife and go somewhere else (and yes, I know you'll say it's not that easy....).
    ----------
    According to your opening post, and your responses to me, you're willing to vote in a youth pastor who agrees with all these things, and you'd be willing to let him teach YOUR children (if you had any)--meaning you're willing to compromise your convictions. Am I misunderstanding you?

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't find a command to tithe in the New Testament can you? Instead we have Pauls instructions on giving which do not command a tithe but rather giving out of our own hearts.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will vote for him because he holds to the essentials of the faith. No they do not mandate all must use the KJV however no one can read scripture in church without using the KJV.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Probably because of consistency.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To clarify: the principle of tithing carried over into the N.T. The tithe was originally a mandate, and had come to be--like so many other laws--a measure of salvation. The N.T. teaches that it comes from our hearts; thus, the 10% isn't required; the amount should be from the heart.

The principle of giving didn't change; the mandate of "10% or you're not saved" did.

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize that this statement *really* begs the question of why you felt it necessary to bring up those other things you don't like about your church?

Best to just think about that, and let this thread die.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the church mandates these secondary issues on others. Members cannot have a sip of alcohol, and they have preached many tithing sermons.