1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His passion didn't save anyone, just his death?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sure, but to say "His passion didn't save anyone, jst his death" is as valid as saying "his birth didn't save anyone, just his death". Yet, many of our churches have nativity plays every Christmas. I didn't have a problem with "The Passion" (which I have now seen) and I don't have a problem nativity plays.

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Well, it also has to do with WHO was beaten and crucified. But I think also His physical suffering pales besides the spiritual suffering when He so identified with me that my sins became His sins - and made it possible for His resurrection to become my resurrection.

3. Rock

Rock New Member

God was in Jesus Christ reconciling Godself to all of God's creation. From the Spirit's visit to Mary all the way to the ascension, God was bringing salvation to us through is son Jesus Christ. You can whittle it down to one moment or one element, but every thing that Christ did while on this earth was done for one reason. That was to heal the broken relationship between God and humanity. Christ lived for us. Christ died for us. Christ rose for us. Christ sits at the right hand of the Father to intercede for us. Easter is always going to be the Pinacle of the Christian year, but that does not mean that should just leave out everything that went before it or happen after it.

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member