1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Historical Revisionism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evangelist6589, Jun 3, 2014.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you want to ignore Thomas Paine? On what basis? Because he doesn't fit your philosophy? You would have loved Jefferson. He literally ripped out pages of the Bible that he didn't agree with. You can find a copy of Jefferson's bible on the link I posted previously. But Jefferson wasn't a Christian and neither was Washington so you'd want to take them out of the history books as well. By the way, Ben Franklin was also a theist so you need to take him out as well. Ask yourself this question. Who is it that practices historical revisionism? The Radical Right of course.

2. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Book Description

Publication Date: June 25, 2013
    The Jefferson Bible is collection of passages from the New Testament compiled by Thomas Jefferson. It conspicuously omits any miracles or supernatural events described in the Bible.

This is a description on Amazon.com of the eBook version. It costs $0.99. Buy it and learn the truth.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the first two paragraphs of an article on Jefferson and the Jefferson Bible.

4. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jefferson like the rest of the deists believed in an all-powerful god but not the personal god of Christianity. In short, he was a heretic.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is talking about political rights--the subject was human rights. Where do you get the idea that the Democrat Party is in charge of human rights? Are we back to Nuremberg and the Nazi point that they were merely obeying the laws of Germany? Are you saying that God made man to be a slave to Rome?

One thing that we know for sure is that if the Creator in the Declaration of Independence is not a reference to the Holy Trinity as the Democrats are claiming, then it is true what you say, C4K, that we have no human rights because deism is a false religion.

2 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Okay, where does the Bible support God given human rights? What rights does God give man?

Jefferson is speaking of some vague "Nature's God.' He did not believe that Jesus was God - he refused to accept His miracles and His claims to deity.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

:eek:

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding!
    Exodus 3, NASB
    7 The LORD said, "I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings.
    8 "So I have come down to deliver them from the power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.
    Micah the prophet stated clearly what God said is good, and what He desires of us.
    Micah 6
    8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
    And what does the LORD require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    God cares about how His people are treated, and expects us to treat them fairly, justly and lovingly. No, He doesn't call it "human rights" but that is what what those statement regard. No one is to be treated unfairly, unlovingly, or unjustly. Period. That is not a "social gospel." It is God's love for all men.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I realise that God has promises and commitments for His people Israel. I don't accept they apply to all people.

The Micah passage does not tell us what we can expect from the lost world and lost governments or that He promises us freedoms. The vast majority of the world has never seen the supposed "God given rights' that the desist and Christ denier Jefferson wrote about.

In fact, most of what we read about the church is that we are expect opposition, persecution, and hatred.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to agree that you must be kidding for the sake of debate. What you are saying is that man was not endowed by his Creator with certain inalienable rights and therefore there are no human rights except those given by government. This is doubly true since you claim that Jefferson believed in deism and everyone agrees that deism cannot given anyone any human rights since it is a false god.

Now you are saying that Jesus did not give us human rights.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

All I'm asking for is Bible evidence that man has any God given inalienable rights.

What rights does God give His sin cursed creation, with Bible support?

After the fall it seems that the curse brought far more restrictions than rights. What rights do hell bound sinners have?

#30 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  11. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

They can't give Biblical evidence, that is why they keep screeching and making it personal. The American Dream, the God Ordained American country, the Christian nation, is all a lie created to make people ok with the fact that they have almost completely ceased going and doing because they have been safe and comfortable for hundreds of years. That is the reason they are absolutely losing their minds over how things are changing because they might get uncomfortable and have to actually practice what they preach! The American dream is a lie straight out of hell and anyone who promotes it is doing the work of the devil!

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that there are no human rights in Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism, etc.

I guess then that women should be treated as they are in those religions because Jesus gave them nothing but restrictions.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Jesus actually told us that if we live godly we will suffer persecution. He didn't tell that he promised liberty - he promised just the opposite.

'Blessed are ye, not because of God ordained rights, but blessed are ye when men revile you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for my name's sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven.'

Doesn't sound much like God ordained rights.

I ask again, what God ordained rights did the 1st century church enjoy?

#33 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 9, 2014
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K, you have persuaded me that since Rome did not have human rights but was a Nazi slave state, and since Deism is a false religion, modern-day nations have erred in saying that Jesus gave people inalienable rights.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Christian thought did impact the the Constitution - to the extent that Madison and a few others knew that man's sin nature precluded the idea of trusting men - and instead put the authority in a written Constitution.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So would you agree that sharia law is best?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Certainly don't see how you can glean that from my comment about the importance of constitutional government.

Sharia law is not constitutional law - it is the worst of all laws - religious law.

I was just trying to get back to the OP.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Historical revisionism says that Jefferson was a deist. Therefore his statement, that Reagan liked to quote, that human rights come from God and not government, has been proven by you to be mere nonsense on stilts.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It is not revisionism that Jefferson was a deist (at best). It is a cold hard fact. He hated the miracles of Christ and considered Paul a corrupter of the teachings of Jesus.

If I am wrong about God ordained rights please give me something from the Scriptures to show me that God ordains any human rights. Please show me the scriptures back up Jefferson's claim.

To me the scriptures point to the opposite and promise only trouble and persecution.

#39 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 9, 2014
  20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K, I am agreeing with you that Jefferson and Reagan are wrong, but I do not understand how your religious law is any better than Islamic law since you seem to agree that rights come from government, not Jesus, and since you seem to imply that ancient Rome was good enough for sinful people. You have me wondering why the rain falls on both the just and the unjust?