1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

History of dress

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Walls, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Were you in CA. at the time? I thought we got the latest fashion trends last. By then we were allowed to wear culottes and jeans. Of course I was not grammer school. I can't remember if the grammer school kids had to wear dresse or not though. By the time my girls started school 1976 they all wore jeans.

2. Walls

Walls New Member

Based on the information given so far, it doesn't seem like there is any real distinctive clothing that Baptists have wore in the past-they have just worn what is the norm for the culture in which they lived. IS THIS CORRECT? If not, is there any proof that Baptist throughout history have dressed seperately from the rest of the world?

3. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

The day that women began wearing "pants" was a very sad day for men indeed. NOTHING will ever beat the beauty and femininity of a woman in a dress or skirt. It's really inarguable.

The modern day radical feminists can trace their roots to the generation of women who exchanged their dresses for the more male look of slacks. All of it was meant to minimize the NATURAL and wonderful distinctions between men and women along with the things that naturally attract them to each other to GOD's glory through marriage. latterrain77

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the general culture lined up with and overlay Biblical culture, there were no problems in the area of dress. Mayhap, Baptists did not wear as much fru-fru on their clothing as the general population at a given time. (e.g. plain brass shoe buckles instead of sliver ones) But, that was about the extent of the differences in dress. However, in the last 60 years there has been a slow but now fairly obvious divergence of the general culture and Biblical culture. Clothing is just one of the areas that this divergence is cropping up in.