1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobbies? I know you have them.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Jodo Kast, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

It's ok call your friend Jeneeka, from Mongolia

2. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

I have never been there- but it sounds familiar, so maybe I've heard of it before... Camp was awesome- the Wilds', i mean. I'd never been to anything even close to it before, and it was great to be a part of something so big.

I, too, am an avid reader. I LOVE Frank Peretti's books- my favorite was The Oath, though the Veritas Project books definitely follow with close seconds...

I (unfortunately) have to make a habit of doing my homework. Did you know that the college professors actually EXPECT you to do your homework? Wow (j/k)!

I have discovered the fun of a hay fight (as of last night) too- though I must say, it does not make a very good accessory for my french braid...

I love to sing. I don't think there is anything better than singing a song that you know is beautiful, and singing to the Lord- knowing He is listening, and gave you the gift of voice, and he even gave me the breath it takes to sing.

Let's see- oh, yes. I attempt to be a writer. I love words, and though I am best with poetry, I love writing stories the best. Right now, I am working on an allegory of the battle between Good and Evil. The "good guys", all named after tributes of a Christian life... oops, I got to go. I'll continue the next time I can get to a computer (most likely a couple of weeks. BYe!

3. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I like to play piano (10 years).
    Go hunting with my 2 lab dogs.
    Sing in the church choir.
    And, yes, even work!

Cline

4. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Hey Meg~ Did you know that the first book of the Veritas project (the hangman's curse) was made into a movie?? I actually saw it on ABC Family, and I thought I was going to die! Like they prayed on it, and at the end there was playing that song "Praise God from whom all blessings flow... (it was on that 4-Him CD). I was so excited! And it was a great movie! Except that the main character doesn't dress modestly...but other than that I loved it!!

5. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I just saw that movie. It was good besides the acting by the children that was pretty week. But an overall good Christian movie.

6. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

no way! That is so cool-- but you know, us poor (though innocent) college students don't exactly have money to see movies... or pay the phone bill... or eat anything except ramen noodles straight from the package (j/k!) That is so cool! I can't wait till I CAN see it. O btw- most Christian movies can't afford to pay for good actors, and since they are religious movies, most of the actors get this idea that they have to be over-dramatic to get their point across- take the girl who played Chloe in Left Behind-- major overdone!!! BUT- I can't wait to see that movie... Love, Me

7. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

btw- sorry for butting in on whatever was going on-- i forgot that there was more than one page on this thing.... me

8. JesusInFirstPlace

It's ok to go off subject meg! I do it all the time, but we're really relaxed in here, so it's all good! Fo sho! LOL

9. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

Eewww- are you still trying to sound ghetto? Girl- you a crackah-- get used to it.... btw- i get paid to sell gatorade at basketball now... and let me tell you, i think i was getting paid before that-- though not with money..... and a certain someone we know who moved-- her sister got married to a total loser. Why is it that some people make it a habit of dating losers, and then marry one, and THEN complain that they're married to a loser?

10. JesusInFirstPlace

Are you serious?! That is terrible! Is he the same guy that she brought home from that camp thing? That is so sad!

11. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

Meg and Becca, are you guys related? [​IMG] :confused:

12. JesusInFirstPlace

Yep! That's meggie! Hey A!! I'm so glad you're back!!!

13. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Jello! [​IMG]

Wow, that's cool! Yea, I've been busy. :( What's new?

Alycia

14. JesusInFirstPlace

A bunch of stuff is new! Like I'm going to be 18 in like 2 weeks. And I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. And I'm singing at church next week with my friends. And I think that's about it as far as the newness goes! What's going on with you? How are your brothers doing? And your mom and dad?? I haven't been out there in forever!!! Hopefully someday I will be able to come and visit.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    JIFP - Might as well get all 4 pulled and go through the pain and recovery at one time. I had mine pulled one at a time as needed, over a number of years. Did NOT look forward to it, for sure.

Many of us "older" crowd have been through it. You'll live (Lord willing) but wish you hadn't for a few hours. Take care and let us know how everything "comes out". [​IMG]

16. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, I got them pulled (all 4 at the same time) about 12 hours ago. They put me to sleep, and I remember counting down from 100 and getting to 94. Then they woke me up and took me to the car- the whole procedure only took 30 minutes. I was very dizzy and nauseous, but no pain! Even now it only hurts a little (but I'm on amoxicillin and percoset).

So I am alive, and a little out of it, but pretty good all things considered!

17. AZfiddler_Oct1996

Hey Becca,

We are all doing fine, Mr. T is going to college in January. West Coast Baptist College in California.

18?!?! Already?! Wow. My other brother will be 17 December 1st.

I g2g. t2ul

-Alycia

18. JesusInFirstPlace

That is great!! I love West Coast! I thought he was going to that one in Oklahoma or something, but West Coast is really amazing! Do you know what Esther is doing??? I haven't heard anything from anyone in so long! Like I didnt' even know my grandma was having surgery!! I am out of touch, ya know?

I will have to remember to wish your brother a happy birthday- just a few more days after mine!!

19. AZfiddler_Oct1996

WOW! (About your grandma)

I think that Esther is supposed to go to college somewhere close to home. I guess you knew that they broke up? Esther is back in Michigan again.

When is your b-day? You know, (I gotta 'fess up) I still have your b-day card from last year. :eek: Maybe I'll send it to you this year. [​IMG] You'll have to send your address to me though.

I g2g b/c I'm going down to the church to clean. t2ul

-Alycia

20. JesusInFirstPlace

Wow! I never even heard that they broke up, or that Esther was back in Michigan!! I am so out of the loop!! Well, my birthday is on November 27th (in 2 weeks). I wish that I could come visit you all sometime! I miss everyone (my grandmother included, even though she isn't there......she isn't there, right!?!). Well, you could send the card to me! I wouldn't mind. Can you let me know when everyone's birthdays are though? I don't have a clue, and I've probably missed everyone's but Luke's! But better I know now, so I'll get it right in the future.