1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollywood Goes Christian!!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Carolyn Dee, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Carolyn Dee

Carolyn Dee New Member

Given all the fallout over "The Passion," you can be sure that Hollywood will capitalize on the resurgent Christian audience! Just for love of money of course, not that H cares for our spiritual welfare. I think "Judas" (ABC) the other night is just a start (even tho' it's a couple of years old...interesting timing in showing it again. Or is it because it's the Easter season?) Can you see Kurt Russell as Moses...! Or perhaps Bette Midler as Jezebel. Maybe Martha Stewart as Eve for a fresh new start...? :D
    Seriously though, I think Hollywood will try to tap into the audience garnered by "The Passion" and attempt to win our sympathy, forgiveness and admiration.
    What do you think?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Anytime something big goes on Hollywood tries to captalize on it.

3. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Awesome! What a refreshing change this will be. I have a current Christian school student who wants to get into movie producing from the Christian POV. He looks a lot to Kurt Cameron for guidance and inspiration. He actually had the privilege of attending a workshop for HS students interested in going in to filmmaking. It was awesome and another step in the realization of his dream. Things like The Passion pave the way for students like mine to get in there and do great things via means of film. Pretty cool, huh? Thank God for the "cracked door" because of the mega-success of the Passion! [​IMG]

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hollywood, like any industry, gives people what they want. If they don't, they don't survive. If they do, they thrive.

If people have an interest in movies of a religious themed nature, then the entertainment industry will make them. What I'm curious about is why people think this is new. The "Prince of Egypt" did very well in the box office. No one asked these questions then. "The Ten Commandments" did so well, that it was rereleased in theatres several times over the years, the last time being about 15 years ago. "Touched Like an Angel" was one of the highest rated shows on CBS for years. So was "Highway to Heaven" and "Moses, the Lawgiver". Yet we seem to think (incorrectly) that faith-themed movies are a new thing.

It's unfortunate that we're so high and mighty, so holier than thou, and such hypocrites, that we complain about the lack of God-themed media, and when the industry responds, we complain that the media isn't "Godly enough".

5. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Bullseye, Johnv! [​IMG] Don't we get so tired of the salacious slop smattered sloppily in the threads of the BB at the expense on the bigger picture--reaching souls for Christ? But you can't please all of the people all of the time, to quote Abe. To modify that for BB, you can RARELY please the people any of the time. LOL! (but true) [​IMG]