1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Honest question for those who dont normally post in this section

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I dont want this to be percieved as an insult or an attack, I simply want a few people to see that what they are intending to do, which is defend the KJV, may not be happening.

So I pose this question to those who frequent BB, but dont normally post in regard to bible versions.

BE HONEST, what does the fact that some KJVO refuse to answer directly very simple questions make you feel about the validity of their position?

Now, I am NOT ASKING FOR YOUR POSITION ON KJVO. I dont even want you to express it, per se. I want to know what others feel about these tactics, and if it makes you CONSIDER KJVO, or does it make you REJECT KJVO?

I will make my purpose known here: I wish to understand how those OUTSIDE of the debate view the arguments of those INSIDE the debate. So, if you feel I and others are incorrect in saying they avoid questions, then let it be known. Both sides are under the miscroscope here, and I am not asking about "being nice" or things like that, I am merely talking about the AVOIDANCE OF QUESTIONS, AND THE CLAIM OF AVOIDANCE OF QUESTIONS. However you feel about the WAY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED OR NOT ANSWERED, let them be heard.

I am going to hold my tongue in this thread for a while, and I ask others like Roby, Cassidy, William, SFiC, Ransom, Keith, and all the others who post here alot to hang out for a while, and see what they have to say. Lets wait to respond for a day or 2, and see what we get. My goal is that we get enough responses that it is clear what the average christian who DOESNT study this stuff feels about it.

Thoughts?

2. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Makes me feel that those who a different position simply cannot answer a simple question either. :confused:

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask your question and I will answer it. The difference is that I will answer it honestly.

4. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Are you saying I wont??

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    william and standingagainstchrist have not honestly answered any of the questions put to them. I hope you are of a different stripe, but I am not going to hold my breath.

6. DesiderioDomini

Slambo,

i appreciate your response. I ask that you begin another thread with your question for Doc.

Thanks guys!

7. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Whay would you hold your breath? Five year old kids do that!

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does "whay" mean?

9. Slambo

Slambo New Member

I told you,I have a hard time with reading and spelling somtimes.

10. DesiderioDomini

May we get back to the OP?

I want OTHERS who dont normally post here to feel free to do so without response for now.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We are not going to do this folks - I will close all KJVO/KJBO discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.