1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Honest question to the Calvinists...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by HungryInherit, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You're not going to do it to appease me. Just offer SOME support so we can take you remotely seriously. Don't just CLAIM something is true without supporting it for heaven's sake.

What about that is anti-calvinistic? MILLIONS of Calvinists have affirmed that God has a desire for all men to be saved- that there is a real sense in which God wishes that it were so that all men would be saved.

But obviously, since all men are NOT saved, he is more willing for SOME REASON to not save them all.

Arminians agree with this. They say that Free Will is so important to God that he will let men by the billions fry in hell forever rather than violate it.

I think that thinking is rather stupid and unbiblical.

But the Spurgeon quote is not anti-Calvinistic.

I do disagree with Spurgeon on that statement though. But his statement is not remotely Arminian.

2. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow... Did you just equate Calvinism with Slavery?

The Archangel

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom Nettles? Reading his books is easy! On the other hand,reading Francis Turretin and Stephen Charnock are hard slogs.

But I would much rather read Nettles than listen to him. I listened to him yesterday and it was difficult because of his accent.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "What about that is anti-calvinistic?"

"But the Spurgeon quote is not anti-Calvinistic."

"But his statement is not remotely Arminian."
    I have said for years on the BB that Spurgeon's sermon on 1 Tim. 2:3,4 was of an Arminian slant. It was not representative of his vast catalog of strong Calvinistic sermons. So,in this respect Skan is correct.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    closed without predjudice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.