1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Honest Question: Why do we place a stigma on certain Sins?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you willing to say that practicing a heterosexual lifestyle is sinning against God?

God hasn't said anything about sinful orientations. He spoke to specific ACTS. The homosexual life is sinful and so is the heterosexual life.

Homosexuals sin and so do heterosexuals.
    Homosexual lust and fornication ain't gonna land anyone in hell any quicker than will heterosexual lust and fornication.

Who gives a flying hoot about this Christian hangup with lifestyles? Perhaps if we'd stop focusing so much on how much more ungodly we think someone's "life" is than our own, we could start focusing on the fact that all people are sinners in need of a Savior, and start pointing folks toward Him.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    maybe its due to God stating to us that hetro is "natural/normal", while Homo is not natural, against natural affections though?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that the homosexual lifestyle is being rammed down our throat in this country. It is trying to be taught in our public schools as acceptable. It is trying to be made legal in our government policies.

The reaction to it comes from the political agenda attached to it. Ignoring that fact just discredits your point altogether.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hetero "WHAT" is natural? Cause now you're mixing apples and oranges. Hetero sex or the heterosexual "lifestyle". Heterosexuals sin too. Is that natural/normal?

Hetero sex is only natural/normal within the confines of God-ordained marriage. So if we're righteously judging lifestyles, there's no difference between a non-married heterosexual fornicative "lifestyle" than there is between a homosexual fornicative "lifestyle".

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As opposed to the heterosexual lifestyle being rammed down our throats. What's the difference? I can turn on any tv station and they will be portraying heterosexual fornication as okay. Friends, every reality show, every soap opera, every magazine, all of the CSIs. Every James Bond movie. Just about every movie out of Hollywood glorifies the heterosexual fornicative lifestyle. And what about heterosexual lust being pushed by all the networks, billboard owners, magazines, etc. Is this too being rammed down our throats? If we've got a problem with one, we should have a problem with the other.

Ignoring the political agenda that has already got you ignoring the fact that heterosexual fornication has been normalized in every media outlet already discredits you.

And when the church is ready to equally stand up and condemn that, then they've got something to say. Otherwise, yall just picking a sin du jour that you think is worse than your own.

RIGHTEOUS judgment.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I don't now what world you live in but it is condemned quite regularly everywhere I have been. And I have lived around the country. So let's not pretend somehow it is accepted by the church. That is pure baloney.

Now having saif that your example is not even close to the same thing. No one is pushing to have heterosexual adultery taught as acceptable in schools. No one is pushing to have heterosexual adultery passed as a law to be accepted. Apples and refrigerators.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't know which world you live in. Cause the church in America goes to the same movies, watches the same tv shows, listens to the same music, buys the same magazines, etc that promotes the fornicative heterosexual lifestyle and heterosexual lust.

And I've lived around the country and all around the world. And I can walk into just about any church and see the result of heterosexual lust and heterosexual fornication being pushed in the dress and pews of many a church.

So don't sit and act like the church is condemning that sin the way that the church is always crying out about homosexual sin because it is not.

Man please. Nothing is ever viewed by you or others on here as "the same thing" any time it exposes the hypocritical viewpoints. You wanna scream about homosexual sin. Then start screaming about the way the Church and its people have accepted heterosexual sin as mainstream and okay.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it does.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't believe I'm reading this on a Christian board

Yes there is a difference. Hetro sexual is natural. Homo sexual is a deviation from nature. It's not only a sin against God but against the natural order of how it was intended to be. Homosexuals do the most despicable things of all in what they do to each other. It's more than just sin it's rolling around in filth beyond the imagination. It dangerous to everyones health in that it causes so many diseases. Frankly it's just plain sick. I believe homosexual acts are responsible for the aids epidemic. Which spread to Hetrosexuals by bisexuals. Innocent babys have died because of these sexual deviants. Sin is one thing but when your sin places everyone in danger they are taking it to far.
    MB

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No. Heterosexual sex within the confines of God ordained marriage is natural. Heterosexual sex outside of that confine is just as unnatural.

same thing with fornicative heterosexual sex.

More opinion. There is nothing any more despicable about fornicative homosexual sex as there is about heterosexual fornicative sex.

Again, this is just the church picking a sin that isn't it's own to rale against. Heterosexual fornication is equally rolling around in filth.

The same thing can be said about fornicative heterosexual sex.

One might venture that to be the way that God views all sin.

Right. It's the homosexuals infecting all the straight people in Africa and around the world. :laugh:

This is silly. Sin is a web. Everyone's sin crosses with everyone else's sin. Your sin places everyone in danger too. So folks need to get off their high horses.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much as we might not like it, while all sexual sins are bad, God has said that Homosexual activities are the worst in that category of deviations from what is acceptable to God!

ALL sins are an affront to god, but there is 'something" in homosexual behaviour that are said to be worse !

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Why are certain sins stigmatized?

Maybe because they're shoved in our faces on a daily basis?

(Hey, that kinda rhymes. I'm a poet and didn't know it! Somebody stop me! :laugh:)

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then as I said before, also complain about the heterosexual fornication, shacking up etc., that has been normalized and served up on a platter to us everyday in the form of entertainment.

14. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, if I had a loved one that I suddenly learned was a deviant, I would perhaps make the same arguments as one of the posters in this thread!!!!:thumbsup::tear:

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    those holding to sound doctrine and practices do, but those are ALWAYS seen as being sinful, yet MANY even in the Church, see Robb Bell/Bishop spong, see the Homosexual acts as being acceptable to God!

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you're wrong. You see what is natural is the way it was designed. Marriage places it in the eyes of God and therefore is not against the Law. Out side of marriage doesn't make it unnatural. It just against the Law. It's still natural. Deviancy from How God made us in the first place makes it unnatural. What is natural has nothing to do with the Law

Again this is not a correct view. Heterosexual sex is natural whether married or not even though it is against God's Law.
    No matter how hard you try you will never be able to justify Homosexuality as being the same as a man and woman together. A man with a Man can never be one flesh but a Man and a woman can be. Because they are the correct two halves of a the whole flesh. Eve Came out of Adam. Steve did not come out of Adam.
    Not true at all. They are completely different. You see them the same because that's the way you go about justifying it. God is the one who said it was an abomination and that He hated it. Christians just happen to agree with what God has said.

Not unless it is Sodomy which is also just as bad as Homosexuality

True, but all sin isn't the topic.

I hope your laugh was a nervious one. It was a sexual deviant that contracted aids from a gorrilla I've been told. Others have said that it was some failed experiment. Your guess is as good as mine. Yet the facts are the facts.
    And you're not on a high horse trying to justify Homosexuality. I know I sin. I have never said I'm with out it. I believe you placed this thread on the board. Stop justifying your self by the sins of others. It's your sins that can take you to hell and yours alone. What others do will have to be worried over by the ones who did them. It's true everyone sins and there is no sin that is unforgivable except rebellion unto death. Every Christian fights against temptation and strives to avoid sin. We fail sometimes, none of us are perfect. If you love Christ you will work to please Him. Since God hates this sort of thing. Then you know what you have to do. You have to avoid it. I want to advise you to seek God on this in prayer. I hope you will. If you will wait on an answer from God I'm sure you'll get a good one.
    MB

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh I do. I don't like that stuff shoved in my face either!

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

But your feet show it, Longfellows

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Zaac, one of the blessings of knowing you is learning how to disagree without getting angry, and that did take a while. LOL While I agree with you for the most part about this subject, there is a minor point I will debate with you. I realize all sexual activity outside of marriage is a sin, and that includes the one all males have failed at, looking at another woman in lust. However, in the natural order of things, I do believe that a man is attracted to a woman. In my frame of mind, a homosexual relationship would disguist me whether saved or lost. A relationship outside of marriage with a person of the opposite sex, while not right and is without a doubt a sin, is resisted more along the lines of having Christ in ones life and being guided by the Holy Spirit. In other words, I think I could resist French kissing a man on my own power.

The results of the two sins are the same, without Christ, eternal punishment, and on earth, loss of a marriage partner.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Those holding to sound doctrine should be speaking soundly about all sin. But you don't get many in the church Amening that their favorite tv show promotes heterosexual fornication. Or that the new blockbuster movie that they took their kids to see promotes heterosexual fornication.

The homosexual acts seem to be getting the focus cause the church has already allowed heterosexual fornication to be normalized.

That's why nobody talks about heterosexual church women reading the romance novels.
    That's why no one talks about church folks watching soap operas and one heterosexual fornicative affair after another.
    That's why no one talks about so many male centered sports events involving some sort of lewd shot of cheerleaders, etc.

We've normalized heterosexual fornication and lust as okay and don't seem to have a problem with the propensity for it in our daily lives.