1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Honor Flight Documentary

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Arbo, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

This is for Freeatlast (and fellow travelers): Before you continue w/your hate-filled comments about those of us who served in the military, I invite you to view this. [Not holding my breath till you {et. al.} actually do view this, mind you]

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is why I posted it.

4. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

My uncle was one of those who participated in the honor flights....to see those men who were proud, brave, young men who gave their allegiance to our nation, who stepped up to defend the honor of our country and its freedoms, who stood beside those who gave their last full measure of devotion....to see them, so many now old and stopped yet still proud to have served their nation. I watched a young man return to our church yesterday, from his service in Afghanistan, so happy to be reunited with his family, but who knows that, in all likelihood he will be asked to return again....for a third time....and he will go...again.

To hear people bash and demean those who serve now and have served I have only one thing to say.....feel free to move to a country that doesn't have an active armed services. They'll be glad to have you.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Still haven't seen FAL's ...shall we say..."observations" yet.:tear:

Why am I not surprised?? :smilewinkgrin:

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

About three years ago, Wifey and I were in D.C. and were privileged to be at the WWII Memorial during an Honor Flight visit. It was the highlight of the trip.

I wish that I could find the words to properly convey what we saw. Men in their eighties and nineties stepping off buses as excited, chatty, and smiling as schoolboys. Grandfathers genuinely surprised at the reception line of dignitaries, all wanting to shake their hands. The silence upon entering the memorial followed by tears of grief for lost buddies, and tears of gratitude that they survived. Two eighty-something year old men flirting with a thirty year old female sergeant (yep, saw it) like they were twenty again. Chuckles as stories were told. Salutes at the wall covered with stars of the honored fallen. The man in the wheelchair who wore a Screaming Eagle ball cap.

If you ever have a chance to witness one of these visits, it is well worth it.