1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hop To It

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Apr 14, 2017.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After surprisingly selling out of grasshoppers at a concession stand for the first three games of the season, the Seattle Mariners have called in an emergency order so that they last throughout this weekend. The team is also imposing a per-game order limit for the rest of the season.
    Mariners spokeswoman Rebecca Hale told ESPN that the team sold 901 orders of the insects over the first three home games. The grasshoppers are toasted in a chili lime salt and come in a four-ounce cup for $4.
    "We've sold roughly 18,000 grasshoppers," Hale said. "That's more than the restaurant [that runs the stand], Poquitos, sells in a year."

I thought surely this is some kind of joke?... But it's the truth!... When go to the old ballgame I usually order a hotdog and a drink... What else are they going to put on the menu?... Well I don't live in Seattle... I remember that there was a plague of locust in Egypt... Did the Lord ever tell and Israelite to eat one?... Then again John The Baptist ate locusts and wild honey... Well to each his own I always say... Brother Glen:Rolleyes

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bought them in Chicago downtown. They used to say that they were popular in Japan. I did not like fried grasshoppers.