1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How about them Pistons

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Timtoolman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Wow, yall know I am not a Piston fan....but I think this is a little far fetched. I think Detroit has clearly been the best team in the league. They have been beating teams in the West as well as in the East. </font>[/QUOTE]Alright, who are you, and what have you done with SBC?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix are all three teams that I think the pistons would have trouble with in a seven game series.

BTW, if you look at last years thread, you will see that I am no pistons hater - just thought that San Antonio's D was underrated by some of the folks on this board - I was proven correct. Tim and I had a great go round, dont think either of us felt abused by the other. I do think that the pistons are the best of the east - for what the east is worth these days. BTW Dallas lost to NY in OT, but has two double digit wins in thier last two games vs the east - NJ and the Bucks.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well SA isn't as good as Detroit this year based on two games already. The Pistons thrashed them in both including once in SA with a helathy Manu. Soooo.... If a seven game series was played right now, SA would loose, perhaps even in four games.

As to Dalls, they look good, but still they will need to do better it they want to make a deep run in the play offs. Phoenix is good, but not better the Detroit. As of right now I think both Phoenix and Dallas have a better change of making it to the finals that SA.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] Well you know I love to bash on Detroit teams...but they have looked great this year. As much as it pains me to say it, they are as of right now the best team in the league.

I do think Dallas is the 2nd best right now.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fortunately, if Detroit and San Antonio play in a playoff series it won't be for another five months.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just looked at the season standings. Dallas is the 2nd best right now in the West.

7. PastorSBC1303

According the standings you are right. However I think that Dallas is playing the best basketball right now in the West.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't matter a whole lot right now to try and differentiate among the top teams as the playoffs are still three months away. It's who plays the best for the two month period starting in mid-April that counts.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

According the standings you are right. However I think that Dallas is playing the best basketball right now in the West. </font>[/QUOTE]I agree, Dallas does seem to have an edge over the Spurs right now.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yes, but the regular season does give a fair indication of what will happen then most of the time, granted not always.

Plus I don't see Detroit, slowing down at all, barring an injury. They have one goal this year and is is not to win x amount of games, but to win the Championship.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Historically, the Spurs have not hit their stride until around February when they go on the road for a huge amount of time(related to a rodeo in SA, I think). Starting on January 30 they play 8 games on the road, and 10 out of 12 on the road from January 25 through February 24.

12. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

HATE THE PISTONS, HATE THE PISTONS, HATE THE PISTONS.

That being said, they look absolutely unbeatable this year. I don't see how anyone can even come close in a seven game set.

I think my only hope (and anyone else's) is to remember Indy. They were 13-0 at one point and no one could stop them. Now, there are watching the AFC championship game on TV.

I don't think it will happen though. Detroit will probably come close to Chicago's record (and perhaps even beat it) before winning another championship.

But I can always hope.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll find out about five months from now.

14. PastorSBC1303

Hey Piston Fans...looking back do you wish they had drafted Carmello Anthony? Is Darko ever going to be a player?

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I think they should have taken Carmello, he is much better than Darko. The thing with Darko is he doesn't ever seem to really get into a game. When you watch him he kind of just does goes out there and runs around with that dumbfounded look on his face.

But you know what they say about hindsight... It would be interesting how Anthony would fit in with the current roster. Would he be a starter? I don't know who he would replace or could replace right now.

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well giving Darko the benefit of the doubt I would not get too excited about running into the game the last minute or so to play in a game that is already decided.
    The good news is that with the piston beating everyone the bench is getting a lot of playing time and Evans, Delfino (sp) and others are getting some serious playing time too work on their skills. And they are getting better. Which is just making the Pistons stronger and harder too beat.
    I think Pastor Larry called it the best earlier. They are better then last year. But anything can happen from now till april.

Superfan, (I know you all didn't know that!)
    Tim

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like the Spurs are going to have one of those years where they can't shake the injury bugaboo. It wouldn't surprise me to see Duncan suffer an injury just before the playoffs starts. The Spurs have had this situation before a couple of times during the past decade and it wasn't pretty during the playoffs.

So I will be surprised if the Spurs even make the conference finals this year.

18. PastorSBC1303

Wow Ken, changed your tune kinda quick, huh?

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. Like I wrote, I've been through a couple of seasons with the Spurs like this where injuries keep being a problem, especially toward playoff time. Manu will be back in a few weeks but I doubt that will be the end of the injury bug for the team as a whole.

I am quite willing to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe this season will be different and the injuries stop occurring. [​IMG]

20. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Who's making excuses now ken? ;) [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

I would like to see the Clippers make a nice run in the playoffs this year... just to spite the Lakers.