1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How about this for a proof text?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Careful, Benjamin. There are some old geezers on this board. You might cause some to blow a gasket by leading them to exercise their faculty of reason.

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whenever I have time and I come across you using your veiled tactics to question your opponent’s salvation on this this board I will call you it. Your methods which you think are “cleverly” flying under the radar in pulling this stunt are obnoxious, offensive and your intents are against the rules for good reason.

Concerning any other debate or conversation I have prepared this time saving statement for you:

"Icon, to be frank, your “specially revealed” Archie Bunker scriptural interpretations which you eagerly await to begin presenting to “help me” understand “your” Deterministic system seems more in tune to the constant beat of the drums that comes from a person without a mind of his own to reason with or ability to change his beat. I’m fed up with your evasive and obnoxious debate tactics nor do I expect you to be rational or your values and goals within a debate to be of interest to me, so your efforts to push your agenda is best ignored by me. I’ve decided to no longer waste my time to attempt to have a rational and ethical debate with you which would only serve to frustrate me by trying to, so don’t bother wasting your time to try to engage me in a debate. These attempts will merely amount to nothing more than a rather comical reminder these ignorant and irritating broadcasts of yours resemble the sounds of an “annoying false teaching parrot” to me and also reminds me of the tactics used by cult members who commonly go about threatening with words or by use of "your highlighted scriptural interpretations to suggest" your opponents aren't saved if they don't believe in your "special enlightenments".

K?"

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin,
    Glad to see you enjoyed my allegorical response to you.

If you want to discuss scripture sometime,let me know.

if you want to discuss.......x=t t=d therefore x=......post to someone else.

If you want to function as the accuser of the brethren...do it somewhere else.
    You have an ignore button, feel free to use it.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think fair is fair in this situation considering the intentions and your revealing beliefs toward how you intend to and feel you are entitled to continue to conduct yourself in the manner which you do on this board. :thumbs:

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good....that will help you as you have proved over time your inability to engage several of us scripturally, but just attack those who do not listen to your pontification on philosophical ideas.

I conduct myself as I need to.In your case I see you coming from a mile away,twisting my words as well as anyone else who answers you.

You are crying because you have been exposed...nothing more, nothing less.

You can stop auditioning for the lead role as BB drama queen.If you have no desire to post scripturally,but post your twisting of words and "mind reading, channeling posts"....you are better to ignore my posting.

No need to go away mad...just go away:thumbs::wavey:

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I conduct myself as I need to.

You are crying because you have been exposed...nothing more, nothing less.

No need to go away mad...just go away:thumbs::wavey:

#90 Benjamin, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning any other debate or conversation I have prepared this time saving statement for you:

"Icon, to be frank, your “specially revealed” Archie Bunker scriptural interpretations which you eagerly await to begin presenting to “help me” understand “your” Deterministic system seems more in tune to the constant beat of the drums that comes from a person without a mind of his own to reason with or ability to change his beat. I’m fed up with your evasive and obnoxious debate tactics nor do I expect you to be rational or your values and goals within a debate to be of interest to me, so your efforts to push your agenda is best ignored by me. I’ve decided to no longer waste my time to attempt to have a rational and ethical debate with you which would only serve to frustrate me by trying to, so don’t bother wasting your time to try to engage me in a debate. These attempts will merely amount to nothing more than a rather comical reminder these ignorant and irritating broadcasts of yours resemble the sounds of an “annoying false teaching parrot” to me and also reminds me of the tactics used by cult members who commonly go about threatening withwords or by use of "your highlighted scriptural interpretations to suggest"your opponents aren't saved if they don't believe in your "special enlightenments".

K?"

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, he has at least Paul and the rest of the Bible writers to boost his case, yours seems to be mased mainly on the foundation of "vain teachings and philosophies of men!"

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

14. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

If you notice in post 85....the list followed this statement.......in other words....anyone, you know.....whosoever...turns from scripture.

You do not believe the same things...at all.There can not be any agreement if your Adam was only wounded.

16. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that God didn’t bless me to use to philosophy to reason with so I could boost my case of what Paul and the rest of the Bible writers are actually saying to us? ...You a prophet or something??? ;)

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HeirofSalvation

They will deny those words,but that is the theology put forth.

Any who believe man has ability to believe savingly prior to regeneration,
    who believe in the idol of free will, or that man just needs a little more information, have a wounded Adam....no matter what they post.

So,,,you can see who posts that way....for yourself.

My statement was that anyone who turns from scriptural truth...turns to these things listed.....the list is accurate.....I do not "accuse" anyone in particular. If a free moral agent puts themself on the list...that is what they desire to do.

These things on the list..oppose truth...the whole list

You are welcome to your opinion...:thumbsup:
    When someone wants an answer...I offer one. None of those posting here are interested in any answer however....as you now join Benjamin trying to twist my words...looks as if you do not want an answer either

I have not questioned anyones salvation as we know everyone on the BB is saved. I respond to what is posted.Many responses I see here I see out on the road when I speak to unsaved persons,so I am used to the arguements offered. I relate that sometime in my posts and let the reader sort out the results.

I do not have to question or insult anyone here. Their own posts degrade them all by themselves.
    I see many who want to discuss scripture, and learn....and others who constantly attack and disrupt thread after thread.

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nailing your words to the wall is not “trying to twist” your words. It is not sorcery; it is merely holding them up in order to draw out the truth from them for the purposes of exposing them for their true intensions. There is nothing unethical about drawing out the true meanings of your words and holding you accountable for your obvious intension in using them. On the other hand, it is unethical for you to continue to use those words in the way in which you do; which is to continually question other’s salvation and to cast offensive insults during a “debate”.

20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems to me there is a select number of Calvinists on this board that “claim” they wish to engage in nothing more than circular proof-texting and do not want to reason with their own minds while they are relying on the systematic philosophy and reasoning about the interpretations of those scriptural proof-texts they use coming from other men. Isn’t that the kind of "vanity" the Bible is warning us about in Col 2:8 to not be spoiled by, the phiosophical traditions of other men???

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

You might want to look in a mirror and use your own mind and think a little harder about what the scriptures are saying before you bark out such accusations to others, eh? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.