1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Believers Are To Honour & To Glorify God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Enow, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Enow

Enow New Member

Make no mistake: The Holy Spirit is God: but let us examine the scriptures to determine the will of the God.

John 5:22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.:jesus:

How come the Holy Spirit is not mentioned here? Why must the Father be honoured through the Son only?

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

What about the Holy Spirit? How come God cannot be glorified by way of the Holy Spirit?

John 17: 1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

How come the worship of the Holy Spirit is excluded from the focus of the worship place and not to be glorified specifically?

Philippians 2: 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.:jesus:

It is because of the Nicene Creed which was done in ecumenical format that the way had been broadened in the worship place, causing many to err by including the Holy Spirit to be worshipped and to be glorified as well, with the Father and the Son. Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but no, this is not the will of the Father to honour the Holy Spirit or to glorify the Holy Spirit because of the witness factor. As the witness factor applies to us, so does it also applies to the Holy Spirit by the Word of God.

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.:jesus:

John 5: 31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7: 18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Now notice how the Holy Spiriit is to bear witness. It is the same as man's witness of Jesus Christ.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

And as we are led by the Spirit of God to bear witness of Jesus Christ and him crucified... we are serving the will of the God by honouring and glorifying the Son and thereby the Father.

John 15: 26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.:jesus:

1 Corinthians 2: 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2 Corinthians 4:5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

May the Lord help us to serve Him and do the will of the God as He helps us to bear witness of the Son Whose Name is above every other name.