1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How closely should young people.....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by menageriekeeper, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Yes Karen. That's why adequate supervision, whether through teachers, chaperones or others is greatly needed.

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

Yes Karen. That's why adequate supervision, whether through teachers, chaperones or others is greatly needed. </font>[/QUOTE]I hear you, but sometimes it comes across like we beg kids to come and then look down on their parents for dropping them off like a "babysitting service".

Karen

3. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

As a mom of a daughter who will be 12 in a few months, let me interject that if my child were to go on a trip such as this, it would only be with the understanding that she would accompanied by an adult at all times, otherwise I would not allow her to go. There are too many ungodly people out there and all it takes is a second for a child to be abducted and the presence of another child or children will not act as a deterrent as well as the presence of an adult... also, I do agree there is the concern for what they may get into or be accused of by people taking advantage of the fact that the children are unchapteroned at that particular moment.

Nomads Wife

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

That is exactly why I went on this trip in the first place. At just turned 12, I don't think she is old enough to go on an overnight, out of state trip without me. It is also why there should have been more structure to the groups. No one on this trip was accountable for any certain children except for at night when there was a chaperon to each hotel room.