1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How did God “constitute” mankind after the fall?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, Mar 4, 2021.

1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Here's a brief Spurgeon sermon explaining why people hate God so much. It's about his sovereignty.

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Dave I'm going to leave you with this and then I am going to back out... If what you say is true, then tell me how God is going to judge, what men speak against him, if he gave them the words to speak against him?... As I heard one preacher say that doesn't make good NONSENSE!... Brother Glen:)

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Btw... Dave I'm backing out of this discussion and there is some new blood, some lively ones who have joined since you've been gone but I will be watching... An you and Iconoclast stick around awhile and try not to get banned!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did God “constitute” mankind after the fall?

Before the, "fall," man was constituted to become a sinner.
    After the, "fall," man was constituted a sinner.

Because before God said, "Let there be light," that good, which he divided from, the darkness, he was planning to destroy the sinner from the beginning, the devil, and his works.

That required, one, subject to the death of which the devil had the power thereof, which is brought forth by the sin. James 1:14,15

That is the very reason God made man of the dust of the earth.

for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it -- in hope, Romans 8:20 -- That applied the very moment the very good man was created in the image of his creator. He was already going to need to be adopted as a son of God. He was going to need the adoption to whit, the redemption of the body.

Redemption, foreordained before the foundation of the world.

4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Getting banned is a small price to pay compared to others they killed because of the truth.

You are missing the entire point of the prayer. Did God lead David into temptation? It says the King's heart is in the hand of the Lord..... and he turns it wherever he wants to. Have you ever had a besetting sin that God led you into a deeper involvement to make you sick of it? And cause you to sincerely repent? It's all part of the Christian experience. Try to say "I do not understand" instead of denying Christ's own words.

5. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God" and all must suffer the punishing torment of The Eternal Lake of Fire.

The fact that it is feasibly possible for a guilty soul to escape, on The Merits of The Eternal Work of Salvation and Plan to Save ONE, or more, is Given Sole Credit to The Unmerited Grace, Irresistible, Initiated by God

and then, the Eternal reality in the Spirit Realm that God Chose to Limit the Preservation of His Children, Elect, to a particular number of individual souls, by Saving their soul WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT BIRTH FROM ABOVE, when ALL WERE TOTALLY DEPRAVED, is IN no way a position to charge the Omnipotent God with 'cruelty.

That unmitigated charge and accusation toward God is enough sin to place the sinner in The Lake of Fire, Forever.