1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Do SDA Defend the Investigative Judgement of EW?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, May 6, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What scriptures are used?

2. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sda can ONLY rely upon the so called visions of EW for this doctrine, as even someone like desmond Ford could not find it in the Bible!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can you show me where the material presented relied upon EW for the doctrine? Please produce the time stamp index in the video and page number in the powerpoint.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no biblical proof for that Doctrine, so has to come from her alleged visions!
    One of the best Sda theologians, desmond Ford, wrote nearly 1000 pages exposing the myth of that doctrine being found in Bible, and got defroked by Sda!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you desire to alter the subject of the OP to "Des Ford" and pull a bait & switch, and effectively a non-sequitur, or did you desire to stick with the original intent and speak about the scriptures on the subject, of which material I provided in both video, audio and written (powerpoint) formats? Did you desire to consider the questions I asked in response to your previous reply, in which I asked about specific time indexes and page numbers where Ellen G White was relied upon for the doctrine, instead of the pure scripture, as the OP was originally concerned about?

If you desire to derail your own thread and speak about Des Ford, we can, but I will not be going back to the original intent of the OP after that, and all you should receive on that original question will be what was provided here - How Do SDA Defend the Investigative Judgement of EW?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The simple truth is that there is NO biblical evidence for that, so has to rely open EW false visions!

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure if you understand English or not, or if it is your primary, secondary or tertiary language (or you are simply relying upon google translate), as you did not respond to the questions asked and used an incorrect English word, "open", instead of the correct word, "upon". Perhaps it was a simple mistake, no big deal. Let me try again:

[1] The reply you asked for, in regards scriptural (KJB) evidence was provided in both video and written (Powerpoint) formats. Please refer to those resources for the answer to your OP. Then, please provide in return, where those given materials (Video/Powerpoint) relied upon (at any point) EW.

[2] Seventh-day Adventists are always accused of 'rely [upon [ESL?]] EW ... visions', but the materials presented do no such thing, in any place. You may easily discredit my statement by providing the evidenced time index from the Video material, and/or page number from the Powerpoint material. That which was solely relied upon in those materials, is the Bible (KJB), from Genesis to Revelation.

If you are unable to respond appropriately, and with Christian integrity and charity (1 Cor. 13), then all that remains is baseless accusation, and we already know what the Bible says who the accuser of the brethren is.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read the Hugh paper by Desmond Ford detailing just why the IJ has NO basis in the bible itself, and he passed away still a SDA member, so was not like Baptist did it!

10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Des Ford was greatly mistaken about a great many things, and this subject, IJ, being one of them, and the basis for his errors are rooted in a misunderstanding of Hebrews 8-10 in several places, most notably Hebrews 9:7-9,12, Hebrews 10:10-11 and so forth. Daniel 8 was also misunderstood by Ford as well, notably in Daniel 8:11.

He did not die a Seventh-day Adventist. Having ones name on church books, does not a Seventh-day Adventist make. There are many that have the 'name' Seventh-day Adventist, but do not believe, hold or practice what is actually taught. He died an actual apostate, unfortunately, and has led many in the same way. He was protected from being disfellowshipped (as he ought to have been) in entirety (though he was dismissed from his teaching position, and removed from ministerial position), and those who protected him have to answer to a much higher Authority than I, so justice will be done, and I have no fear that it will not be. "Des" (short for destructive), "mond" (mouth of a river, which pours forth) and "Ford" (for river crossing), and all who took his way, will blame him in the time to come.

If Des Ford is your prophet, well, you are free to follow him in his path.

#10 Alofa Atu, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not my prophet, and thought he was still in error on the Sabbath and diet laws, he as least understood the true Gospel. not the fale one EW made up in her mind!

12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesuits have to mingle somehow.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting when Desmond Foed got defrocked, hundred of ministers joined him and left, as they also knew that the IJ is bogus!

14. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As it was written:

Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

1Jn_2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

The issue was the seed schools. Bad seed. Bad crop.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ford had rediscover the truth of the reformation Pauline Justification, and he found the real Jesus and the real Gospel!

16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I personally think he found the Jesuits, not Jesus. :)

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of the Sda have since his time renounced the EW IJ as being not in Bible, and have discovered Pauline Justification!

18. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know already, but while many have gone out, many others have come in and taken their place.

I would say they rejected that and accepted another gospel. Did you desire to discuss justification from scripture?