1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you deal with others here in our debates?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by zrs6v4, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I make an awesome blueberry cake. Does that help? :smilewinkgrin:

I40 near Knoxville.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke, though I disagree with much of your theology, I do not hate you or have ill will toward you whatsoever. You seem almost obsessed with me.

Luke, I say this as a friend, you are going overboard. You will think I am insulting you, but I am not. It is obvious that you are under tremendous stress and anxiety. I say this because you often shout in your threads (using all capital letters) and often follow your statements or questions by multiple exclamation marks or question marks. This is not healthy behavior. I say this in all sincerety, I am not trying to insult you in any way whatsoever.

Luke, folks here are smart. Simply present your point of view and give scripture to support it. Folks will examine the evidence for themselves and make up their minds.

But don't get caught up with folks like me, or KJVO, or IFBs. Perhaps this is why I bother you so much, I represent all you hate.

But Luke, you have to learn to relax. It is not healthy to get so upset. You are going to suffer a heart attack or stroke if you are not careful.

I hope you understand that I am not being mean here. I am being sincere, you need to relax. A person can be over zealous, and you appear to be that type of personality. You are going to hurt your health unless you get this under control. Don't obsess, it is very harmful.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Near the Petro???? Denny's at the flying J...watts road:thumbsup:
    I deliver down that way sometime.....blueberry cake sounds good:thumbsup:
    We can meet...sometime..bring your bible.and or laptop...and any questions or topics are good AmyG !
    will let you know in advance.....you are safe now....lol I am near philadelphia, although I might get close to where Thomas 15 is...pick up in easton pa. tommorow

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't argue for either Amy.
    I'm undecided.

There are several things with C-ism that I cant wrap my mind around.

Ditto with A-ism.

There are too many variants of either, none which seems to satisfy.

I lean toward C more than A.

HankD

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Well, my brother, can always join me in the resident Amyraldist camp here on the BB!

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that is your perception. Those areas you mention are simply extensions of the stripes or the skin depending upon ones point of view.

To prove it either way one would have to shave of the hair over the entire body to see what's there.

Although your point is well taken.

:)

HankD

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.
    Exactly. There are certain inflammatory conditions that cause horses, donkeys, zebras, etc., to lose their hair. When a zebra loses his hair his skin is black over all of his body. That is a medical fact. Not a perception. Not a theory. Not an opinion. That is a FACT.
    Facts always trump opinions, especially uninformed opinions. :)

8. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Isn't that the whole point? The zebra IS black and white. I tell you, I skip reading 1 day to decorate my house for Christmas and this nice discussion disintegrated into a mud slinging match. I actually had to go back and look and see if this was the same discussion about why every discussion turns into a slinging match :tonofbricks: I think some people need to step away from their keyboards.

Amy, I'll take a piece of that cake :)

9. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Ok, what have we learned in this thread that we can all take home with us?

Don't try to kill the mosquito off your wife's back with a bazooka!

Thanks Icon, that made reading through all this worth it! :applause:

Oh, and Zebra's are white...no wait, I mean black...no wait....never mind!!

#109 Skandelon, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

There seems to be as many answers as a Zebra has, well stripes! It really depends on who you ask. You can check out these sites and come to your own conclusions.

The zebra is a black animal with white stripes.
    http://www.duke.edu/~carl/pattern/zebra_notes.htm

The body is white with black stripes.
    http://www.torontozoo.com/meet_animals/details.asp?nav=3&AnimalId=405

It is also believed that zebras' skin colour is black with white stripes.
    http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/candoatakzoo/animals_zebra.html

A zebra has neither black nor white stripes. Their hair color is the product of their skin color.
    http://www.louisville.edu/~bjwurt02/canwetrustwhatweknow.html

Three different answers here.
    http://www.nilemuse.com/ZebraFAQ/

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

In 2010, Tracy, and friend of ours, and yours truly, stayed in Knoxville for a couple of nights in a cabin, and went to the Knoxville Zoo. Our Pug took sick on us, and the wifey stayed with her, seeing that she was throwing up. We eventually took her to the local vet right off the the Sevier Highway(something like that), and after a couple of visits, she was a.o.k....praise the Lord. The Knoxville Zoo was neat. We then went to Pigeon Forge, and stayed three nights.

In 2011, we stayed 7 nights in Pigeon Forge, and we visited Sevierville and Gatlinburg(we did this too, in 2010). We came south on I75, and we then took I 40 to I640, then I275(or maybe it was the other way around, and then went west on I81 to exit 407 at the Sevierville exit(we took the same route in 2010).

How far do you live from the Knoxville Zoo?

I will tell you, Tennessee has some of the prettiest land I have ever seen!! We stayed in Pigeon Forge on Wear's Valley Road. It is at exit 3 in Pigeon Forge. If you ever go back there, if you haven't tried the Alamo steakhouse, I highly suggest it to ANYONE!!! That was, hands down the best steak I have ever eaten. I got a deputy cut(12 oz rib eye), and not one centimeter of it was tough. They cook them over oak wood, and they are AWESOME!! We ate there, the Olive Garden, Big Daddy's Pizzeria, The Apple Barn, the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Feud(very good dinner and show), the Lumberjack Feud(another good dinner and show), Red Lobster, Chick Fil'A, and the Alamo on saturday. We went out sunday morning and ate at Arby's and stayed in that evening and ate steaks. As you can tell, we did more eating than anything else. It was all good.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You ate at nine restaurants on Saturday?:confused:

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No. That was over a seven day period. I like to eat, and I will take credit for eating too much at times, but I can't eat that much!!! :laugh:

PS Disregard my avatar. I now weigh between 211-214. By His help, I have lost over ninety pounds.......

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I need proof. This is a serious matter.
    Post a picture of said sick, bald zebra that is not photoshopped.

Besides, even if there are black skinned zebras with white stripes there may also be white skinned zebras with black stripes as I contend. No one can know until all alleged "black skinned" zebras are examined and a white zebra is not discovered under the hair.

After all, horses come in various colors.

In addition, I have some positive documentation:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_color_is_a_zebra's_skin#ixzz1fIKeq8G3
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_color_is_a_zebra's_skin

Admitedly there are differences of opinion.

In addition, I have a black and white dog. He has black all over his face, ears, etc.

But he is pink everywhere under his dog hair.

Yes, I know dogs aren't zebras but there is a connection.
    They are both 4 legged mammals who enjoy running.

Also FWIW, though my dog did not choose to be a dog, did not choose his hair color(s), he is not a calvinist because he has chosen to remain being my dog.

HankD