1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does one side have all the truth?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Eric B, Aug 4, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks for the kind words.

However, if you get angry phone calls in the middle of the night, it's not me :eek:, and it's not Mel Gibson :eek: :eek:; it's Ken.

Comparing him to me just might send him over the edge... :D

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

What left leaning racists do I give a pass? Who are you talking about? Sharpton, et.al? Whenever I do mention them, it is critical, but in passing.

Unless you're thinking of someone else you consider racist. Or just saying I do not go after the left enough.
    But the page is about conservativism, and the reason why, is because they are the ones often associated with evangelical Christianity and claim to be biblical.
    The religious left (Jackson, etc) doesn't seem to claim such, so why even bother with them? The conservatives, by their own boast, are better at getting their views across (After all, Limbaugh and the others flourish while Air America keeps dying) and most liberals are usually more soft-spoken, as they have the institutions of the academia and Hollywood to get their influence across. So conservatives are the most vocal and the other, and have gotten their point across about liberalism. So you don't need another voice on the evils of liberalism.

That's why I liked Horton's Beyond Culture Wars so much. He nailed the issue. He too criticized both, but focused on conservatives because of their association with Christianity, and sees them as veering off of a Biblical focus at times.[/QUOTE]

Don't understand these last two points. I don't recall going directly into anti-iintellectualism.

Well, I never thought anyone would object on those subjects being "lumped together". And they are in separate sections. To say "clever" and "dishonest" implies I know this, but are deliberately trying to do something with it.

I know not all share all of those views. The point there was that I see the same attitudes undergirding those issue.

So that's why I don't completely identify with the liberals. I don't trust government either. (see also below on this).
    One issue is different from claiming all issues, which was what was happening here.

Well, sorry about that. I guess I was wrong to say that. I've just given up on expecting the government to ever fix that problem. Everyone wants less government, less regulation, and even if you could have that, there is no guarantee it will ban abortion. The momentum of the secular viewpoint is too great. Haven't most of the Republican candidates even given in on it, to the point that a lot of you aren't happy with them?

And as Horton points out, it does no good to legislate morality when the problem is sin. People are not Christians, and don't believe in Biblical morality. The only thing that can solve that is the gospel, and even then, there is no way to make them believe it. (whether it is free will, or election).
    However, since it is actual lives at stake, and the next step was partial-birth, I do not know what to suggest about that. Should the government be overthrown? I don't even think we have the power to do that.

I was curious on who you all who are passionate on that voted for this last time?

But I never say that. (all should have the same, and the government should force redistribution).

My statements on economics are a reaction to the blaming of the so-called "redistribution" that has already occurred for the economic problems, while defending the rich, (and as in Poncho's topics, ignoring the global factor). I belive money is being redistributed, but most of it is upward rather than downward. Downward was decreasing, until the health bill (which my page was written way before), and a lot of the complaining seems to be people's fears that this will increase their taxes. All I have heard so far is an end to the Bush era tax breaks for the wealthy. But that is probably opposed as well, because they are seen as "deserving" it (supply side economics).

Yet if people are already unhappy about taxes, then apparently they feel they should have more than they do (so it's not just "the poor" demanding more, or someone demanding absolute equal). But I think the problem is them looking the wrong way as for where all the money is going.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, you know what; I do admit it. (the arrogant tone) I'm basically responding in kind to what I am seeing; here, and over the past 30 years in politics. In a wide range of campaigns, writing, broadcast punditry, Christian writings, etc. I saw most liberal or Christian moderate responses as too soft-pedaled, and then vented in the same tone I have been seeing over the years. My wife always said I was becoming like those I was responding too.
    So that was a mistake on my part.

Those pages are old, and contain a lot of stuff from the time I was getting off my chest (though some issues continue), and have moved away from the project, and even before this was thinking of what to do with it. Perhaps I'll just take it down. Maybe redo it for more current issues. Like in the racial area, it won't reflect "victimization" (But I wonder when conservatives will ever cut down on their victimization rhetoric. They're the ones who have mastered it now, and largely what I was responding to as well).

Now that I have seen conservative resposnses to it, I know how to tone it down so that you won't feel so unfairly put upon. So I apologize for this.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'm glad you're coming around to thinking on this a bit!

By the way, EricB, I can certainly admit that I need to work on my communications more than anyone else - it is a life long struggle! If fact, I have much to work on in every aspect of my life because although I have total confidence in the foundation of my beliefs I know that I fall very short of meeting even the minimum standards of it.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally Posted by Paul3144 [​IMG]

Still waiting, JG.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Excuse making by blaming others seems to be your forte. You should stick to it. It's another strong liberal trait.

"It's not my fault. They made me do it." is the usual liberal's childish retort when caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar or forced to admit fault or error.

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't say "they made me do it". The idea is that when we choose to react to someone else and then become like them, it is our choice, so we made ourselves do it. But I guess you know nothing about that, since you never admit any error, and don't even have any deceit like every other human does.

So you make a big deal about me "admitting" things, but you don't accept admissions, nor even apologies, but only turn them back into more accusations. Well, it's obvious why, now. It's all "fun".

When I saw the issues here and the passion they were fought with, I took you seriously, but I see that was mistaken. You last night admitted I was "fun" to run around this mill of accusation of dishonesty, and that explains everything. You've exposed yourself now! You've blown your credibility. So the issue is therefore also not about truth.

So it also answers the OP, at least as far as you are concerned.

So say what you want; you're not to be taken seriously. Hope you've enjoyed yourself.

Thank you Dragoon for your post. Glad we can come to some sort of peaceful interaction.

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

To address the claim that I'm too hard on the right, and give others a pass, I have been meaning to post this:

http://www.erictb.info/rap.html

This ultimately stems from the same project that became the other page. It is basically in the same tone, but now aimed in a diametrically opposite direction. Same thing; I was very frustrated about the issue, and vented. (I look at it now, surprised at how fired up I was about it).

#168 Eric B, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
  9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Here's a small sampling of your lies taken from posts you've made. I've also included some of your hateful comments that aren't lies so people can see the hate that resides inside your heart shaped box.

From this thread:

10. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Constitutionalist. I will criticize anyone and any policy that violates the Constitution.

Why?

Because those in office have to put their hand on the Bible and swear an oath before God and man that they will defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

If someone in office supports anything that blatantly violates the obvious and original intent of the Constitution, that person is guilty of perjury. The Constitution is not a campaign platform or a suggestion. It is the law of the land.

I don't give a rip about "conservative," "liberal," "democrat," or "republican." I am equally critical of anyone that will LIE through their teeth in taking an oath of office.

I am sick to high heaven of this political "taking sides" garbage an party loyalty. What matters is honesty and integrity. If someone must swear an oath to uphold a document called the Constitution, then the only thing that matters in the realm of politics is the Constitution itself.

PERIOD.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That, my friend, is the position of a true conservative.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semantics. Same-o same-o.

You are what you are.

There's no need to try to hide it anymore. Not here.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Strike three, JG.

It is impossible for an opinion to be a lie. I would think an aspiring attorney would know the difference.

No wonder our legal system is such a mess.

Grow up.

As for the so called "hateful" statements, without context it's hard to say for sure, but in general, I stand by every word and apologize for none.

You can add this to your nonsensical list of so called "lies". LOL

#173 carpro, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
  14. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Wow - kinda makes you wonder who we're really dealing with here, huh Paul?

15. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Hey Paul, here's another one.

16. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

And you are what you are; and that's un-serious.

Let's not forget these bold faced lies

17. FR7 Baptist

Carpro knows that his lies and hate are wrong, but he doesn't care. He has no shame. It's pathetic, really. He is the archetypal angry white man, imprisoned in his own mind as he psychologically projects his own insecurities on others to protect his fragile, wounded ego.

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I don't think Paul3144 has a clue what he's talking about but it sure does have a classical liberal tone to it. It sounds so "cute" to suggest the root of conservative ideology is insecurity. If anything my observations are the opposite.

19. FR7 Baptist

I did not say insecurity is the root of conservative ideology.

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Of course you didn't literally say that!

You wrote about Carpro saying: "He is the archetypal angry white man, imprisoned in his own mind as he psychologically projects his own insecurities on others to protect his fragile, wounded ego."

What does that mean then? Was it personal against Carpro or was it aimed at his conservative ideology? Let's get out what's really bothering you down deep inside.