1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How I would react.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 30, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

I was responding to your statement that homosexuals get "blasted" more than heterosexual adulterers. The fact is it is because of the public agenda as you put it. It just cannot be divorced from the equation. As far as heterosexual adultery being more accepted, I would say that a lot of sin is more accepted by a great many people. But again, the one's that get more attention are the one's that are pushed so hard on a public level with a political agenda.

#21 mandym, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry, you'll soon be asking that question about pedophiles.

But nobody "gets a pass." Men wanting to bed women outside of marriage is natural. It's a sin, but it's still natural. Men wanting to bed other men is a sin, but it's unnatural, as Paul said. In other words, the fact that a man is sexually attracted to a woman is like recognizing the sweet odor of a rose. Now it might be your neighbor's roses one is smelling, and we would think him a cad for trespassing, but the attraction is natural.

Think of one who collects dog poop for the smell. Wouldn't matter if it were the poop of his own dog or his neighbors. It's unnatural and we should, if we are sane and rational, find it repulsive.