1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How important is the KJB?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

All That Proves is.....

[
    That was Fullers opinion of Wilkinson's work...he is entitled to it...and just because Wilkinson (who I'm sure you would disagree with about the KJV) was an Adventist doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong about THIS matter.

If I was Fuller and I knew that a footnote gave favor to such an obvious heretic/false teacher like Ellen G. White I think I would have omitted it as well so as NOT to show her any favor. I'm sure Dr. Fuller would not have used ANY of Wilkinson's work had it (about the subject matter at hand) contradicted the truth he was trying to advance or any of the false doctrines adhered to by the Adventists(KJVO excluded...I already know you think that is false). Besides...all this is a "straw man" argument when you consider that many adherents of the MV's such as the NIV regularly give a free pass to arguably unscriptural, liberal, and possibly even unsaved men and women that inhabit the translating committees and editorial staffs on many of the Modern Version committees.

Another "straw man" since the false doctrines that the Adventists teach about those matters are arrived at by taking the KJV verses out of context or failing to rightly divide the clear teaching of the scriptures. It really doesn't matter why Wilkinson objected to the RSV. It is a bad translation and most reasonable and knowledgeable people (on the subject) already know that and know why it is as well.

[/QUOTE]

And that is, of course, your personal, subjective opinion.

God Bless You and Happy New Year Brother!

Bro.Greg

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

By The Way....

Logos....I do think I need to mention the following in reference to the last few posts. I DO possess a copy of Fuller's "Which Bible" and have used it from time to time as reference material though I will admit that I have never taken the time to sit down and read it completely from cover to cover. I will also admit that I have never read any of Benjamin Wilkinson's works though I have been aware of him and his writings for more than a few years including what is said in reference to them both pro and con. None of this in any way changes or affects the position that I hold in reference to the KJV. I will even go waaaaay out there and say I am glad that Mormon's use the KJV. At least we can thankfully say that they at least possess ONE book that has the truth within it's covers. Maybe...as a result of real Bible Believers taking the time and getting the burden to pray for their souls they might just be exposed to the real TRUTH within its pages. Maybe if we are faithful the Lord may hear our prayers and "turn on the lights" for them! That was a bit off-topic but it came to mind so I thought I'd share it. Times getting short here in this old world....we need to get serious.....and busy (preaching to myself first here)!! Have a nice night!

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of strawmen...GPS,you need tp document your absurd and slanderous drivebys. And don't dare try and dredge up VM regarding the NIV.

Was it allowable for the KJV team to have a habitual drunk in their revision effort?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

10 pages +

Genug ist genug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.