1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How long will KJVO last?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Dale-c, Dec 22, 2008.

?
  1. It will be mostly gone in 10 years

10.9%
  2. It will probably last another 25 years but not much longer

14.5%
  3. It will go on for another 50 years, lasting one more generation.

12.7%
  4. It will probably go on another 75 years before it dies out

7.3%
  5. Gail Riplinger books will still be selling in 2125

3.6%
  6. I think it is practically dead already.

7.3%
  7. It will end when there is a new inspired translation.

3.6%
  8. It will end when there is a proper TR translation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. It will never end be cause the KJV is the ONLY Bible

10.9%
  10. I don't know.

29.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Says you --Mr. Textual Critic. What you consider to be 'right" may be considered substandard by some conservative Bible scholars.

The KJV is not on a word-for-word basis of translation -- try the old Youngs for that attempt.

Try hundreds at least.

You really go off-track in a hurry -- and into foolishness.

Darby's translation was not a revision of the KJV, but "from the best Greek text I could attain to any certain knowledge of."

Did you know he depended on the work of Samuel Prideaux Tregelles who was a member of the Revised Version Translation team? Tregelles was a PB too.

However, we must eliminate Alexandrian Texts and WH-NA, and BHS, I believe.[/quote]

Why "must" we? E-man?!

#141 Rippon, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Dip In the Past

Good ole' Ed Sutton.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four Years And Seven Months Ago

Hey,I like discovering what I said in the past.

4. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

The KJB will continue to be used, as long as Christians speak English!

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    people will continue to be deceived...

I see the KJVO myth lasting long as the KJV is used, which will prolly be until the actual physical return of Christ. Like the plague, it's on the decline, but won't go completely away till then.

After all, people continue to believe doctrines which are AGAINST Scripture as found in any valid Bible, such as regenerational baptism, modalism, etc. etc. Satan never sleeps, and he's ALWAYS prowling as a hungry lion, seeking new victims to "devour" with his false doctrines.

thus, it's upta US to tell others the TRUTH about the KJVO myth and those other false doctrines which Satan has unloaded upon us. While Satan cannot take one's salvation, he can partially deceive a Christian into believing one or more of his false doctrines and thus limiting that Christian's ability to steer others to Christ.

6. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....yea, like God creating separate races, blacks, whites, asians.........that He created a whole other race so Cain could get a wife!............yea, those kinda things, eh, roby? Oh, wait, those are YOUR beliefs!!! :laugh::laugh:

Hypocrits crack me up!! :laugh::laugh:

#146 Baptist4life, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I tend to agree, but hope it is gone much sooner. It is a hindrance to the work of the Lord. The KJV will always be around, which is fine if that is what one chooses to read. The KJVO movement sticks their nose in others business, and the sooner chopped off, the better.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I voted that it will never end because the KJB is the only Bible, but that does not reflect my view. I believe any accurate translation of the text used for the KJB in another language would be the Word of God in that language. I did not have that choice.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

All of us at our church use the KJV. It is not mandatory; no one checks bibles out to see. We all agree this is the Bible for English-speaking people, so this is what everyone uses. In fact, all the missionaries and churches we affiliate with have the same stand.

We don't go to other churches and complain about the Bible they use. We don't refuse to love or help those who don't take this stand, but we are happy with it and it is not going to change. Even our children use the KJV and they learn to love and revere it like the adults do. If that is acceptable to you great; if not, too bad.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you give that a rest B4L? You bring that up in just about every single post of yours.

Well then Humpty D,I hope you can find ways to get yourself re-attached shortly.

11. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No different than Roby's countless repetitive KJVO threads on here. I just think that someone who comes here all "holier than thou" with his bemoaning of what a KJVO person believes should have his ridiculous un-Biblical belief pointed out as well. As soon as he ceases "pointing out the speck in his brother's eye, while having a beam in his own", I will. Why don't YOU give dragging up all your past threads just so you can pat yourself on the back? Give that a rest as well, OK? Better yet, why don't you just "give a rest" to trying to moderate everything I post, eh?

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am being your keeper.

13. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

My stance is KJVP. I am not KJVO, except in the fact that I will only use the KJV in my personal life. I've even preached out of the NIV, when that was all that was provided to the soldiers in a chapel in Iraq.

However, I take exception to this statement, that the KJVO movement sticks their noses into others' business. No one I've ever talked to, or heard preach, no matter how hardcore KJVO they were, ever bashed someone (outside of tele-evangelists) for using another translation. They've bashed the translation itself, and the motives of the people who translated it. But never the user. Which is contrary to non-KJVO, who only bash the user on his choice.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a very old thread and well past the 10-page limit. Everyone had their say?

Hope so. We do NOT need another thread on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.