1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How many here hold to Full preterism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As that view has always bees as being heresy by historical church!

2. James1023

James1023 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t hold this view but neither am i a pre-Tribber. I hold to more of the Historical view of Revelation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be the church that kills those that disagree with it?

Full-Preterism is the belief that Jesus' second coming has already occurred and we are already living in the "Kingdom of Heaven"?

I don't think there is anyone who believes that. Although, there are still flat-earthers.

I'm sure Noah's about to say that almost everyone is a secret Full-Preterist.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both full & partial preterism are phony as a Chevy F-150.

Obviously, Jesus hasn't yet returned physically, ruling out "full", and the great trib hasn't yet occurred, ruling out "partial".

How do we know the great trib hasn't yet occurred? Because Jesus said He'd return IMMEDIATELY AFTER those days. And, since He obviously hasn't returned, and , again obviously, the great trib hasn't yet occurred, both "schools" of preterism are false.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold to the historical pre Mil view, same as Spurgeon himself!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is at least one here who holds to it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent points, but we still seem to have some here holding to either of them!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Full or partial?

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand on the facts of Scripture, history, & reality. Scripture shapes history, and the fact that the events prets SAY have already happened are NOT found in history shows preterism is false.

But these events WILL occur, same as other Scripturally-prophesied events have occurred, as written.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. NOTHING even close to the scale of destruction and horror that we read about in Revelation has ever occured.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have moved to an amillennial position, away from pre-trib. I have always considered preterism faulty.

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you get amillennial out of scripture?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 3:1-13 This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, explain.

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nowhere in this passage does Peter speak of a pre-trib concept. When the last elect person is adopted, Jesus returns. The outcome is the judgment of the earth by fire.
    This is amillennialism in a nutshell.
    My second post from 1 Thessalonians 5 expresses the same concept.
    So, we have both Peter and Paul expressing an amillennial position in scripture.
    This is my reason for moving away from pre-trib in which I was raised. I am not antagonistic to you or anyone else who holds that position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet Revelation very explicitly speaks of a 1,000 year reign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I moved away from pre trib, but still hold to pre mil!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why straight to A mill though? As Historical premil seems to be a real viable option also!