1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many kids are. . .

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Aug 6, 2007.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think 4 is the perfect amount of children - no more, no less (since I have 4).

Seriously, I don't think a person should have more than they can take care of, and I don't think that they should keep producing and expect the church or society to carry the financial burden.

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

That is so true. I think that the idea of specifically deciding exactly 2 or exactly 3 before you get married fails to take real life into account.

We wanted more than the 3 we had, but all were born in distress, and one died at birth, and another one had to be revived.
    We stopped when the doctors advised us we had better do so, for a number of reasons.

What would it have accomplished to specifically agree on 4 beforehand in our case, for example?

I think there should be a general understanding about the desire for children, but there are so many variables that occur in real life that one does not know in advance.

3. Karen

Karen Active Member

In theory, you make perfect sense. But you can't predict the future.
    What if by age 32, a couple has 3 children they take care of just fine, and then extreme unexpected illness occurs at age 38? No one knows they will live till their children grow up.

This reminds me of a recent thread in a different part of this board.

If there is not sufficient life insurance to replace the main income if the main income earner dies, one needs to look into that seriously. Part of providing for your family is attempting to make prudent plans in case you cannot be there.