1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many missionaries here?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by John of Japan, Oct 28, 2005.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I keep meeting other missionaries on the Baptist Board, so I've begun wondering exactly how many are here. If you are surrendered to be a missionary, on deputation, on the field or on furlough, would you please introduce yourself?

My wife and I have been in Japan for 24 years. After two years of language study we spent 13 years in Yokohama. We have been on the cold and snowy islange of Hokkaido for the past 9 years. We are involved in evangelism (of course!), church planting, Bible institute work, literature work and a NT translation project. We are thrilled to be missionaries, love our work, and are more and more humbled that God chose to use us here. [​IMG]

2. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Mike Taylor, missionary to Ghana W. Africa for fifteen years. We are involved in church planting, Bible Institute training, preachimg everywhere we can, ie., schools, National Fire Service, radio, TV, street corners, etc. We also administrate a scripture distribution center whereby we give away free tracts, John and Romans, New Testaments, and whole Bibles. Our web site has much information about who we are at www.GracetoGhana.com.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

4. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Wow, not mnay of us here. It may be because we do not have reall good reliable access to the internet.

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I know there are more, MikeinGhana. They just haven't found our wonderful thread, yet!

:cool:

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our desire has always been "to the world."

We were on deputation for five years when the Lord changed our direction. I have been mission minded in preaching and teaching both before and after. Have never been on the foreign field, but do everything I can to assist those that are and that are going.

The Lord has allowed us to touch more people here at home than we ever could have on the field, so I guess He knows best [​IMG]

7. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deputation is the hardest thing I ever did in my life. It took us 3 1/2 years. I'd have to pray for 3 hours to call pastors for 1 hour. Whew.

If you were on deputation 5 years, at least you tried. And I'm sure God used that to give you a deeper burden for missons. God bless you for that! [​IMG]

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long five years, but well worth it in experience, knowledge and meeting some great Christians :)

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Boy do I agree with that ;) !

I would NOT want to do to again. It took us 1 1/2 years but it seemed like forever. Praise the Lord for the lessons learned however.

Our work here has been very slow. We have hade several "false starts" in our church plant, but nothing substantial yet [in man's eyes]. The Lord has blessed us with a few salvations, and out chrildren's outreach is always a blessing.

I am so grateful that God has counted us worthy for this task.

10. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I do short term missionary work in Romania. In fact, my family and I leave on November 21, 2005 for a week long mission in SE Romania.

11. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

I am starting anew thread about deputation experience and the burdens of the deputation trail. Lets see how much interest we can generate.

12. bapmom

bapmom New Member

My husband and I will be missionaries to Japan one day. I saw this thread earlier and since we are not currently on the mission field I hesitated to post. But I can't resist! [​IMG]

We have looked at Misawa as a possible place to go, but there is a church there already, and we've heard good reports of it.

Then our church supports some missionaries in Okinawa, too.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am a missionary with Fellowship International Mission. [​IMG]

As I mentioned on another thread, my ministry is to those in the New Age and the occult, and to educate believers on those areas via speaking, writing, and radio. [​IMG]

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am a missionary on deputation (almost done) to Argentina.