1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How much tax did you pay?

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the amount of taxes that Mrs Salty and I have paid
    and yes, we do file jointly:

TAX YEAR............% OF ACTUAL INCOME ..........% OF TAXABLE INCOME
    2020.......................................3.03...................................9.09

2021.......................................3.22...................................9.17

2022.......................................4.95.................................10.03

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmm - Why did 2022 go up to 4.95 / 10.03
    Oh thats right - Biden had been President for over a year!

From the NY Post:
    President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better agenda would raise taxes on up to 30 percent of middle-class families, despite his campaign promises not to hike taxes on anyone making under $400,000 per year, according to a new analysis.

“Taking into account all major tax provisions, roughly 20 percent to 30 percent of middle-income households would pay more in taxes in 2022,” an analysis published late Thursday by the non-partisan Tax Policy Center found.

However, the report highlighted the tax increases would be “small.”

“Among those with a tax increase, low- and middle-income households would pay an additional $100 or less on average. Those making $200,000-$500,000 would pay an average of about $230 more,” it said.
    Mrs Salty and I are no where near a six figure income
    So Candidate Biden promised no tax increase -
    But President Biden DID raise my taxes!