1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to convince a Jew that the New Testament is God's words?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Abd al-masih, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Abd al-masih

Abd al-masih New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How to convince a Jew that the New Testament is God's words?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Make sure they are familiar with the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures.
    2. Direct them to Messianic passages such as Isaiah 52, and 53.
    3. Have them read the Gospel of Matthew or perhaps give them a Gospel of John pamphlet. Let them make their own connections. Discuss what they have read over time.
    4. Time! give them plenty of time and be very patient, don't expect to argue them into salvation.
    5. Demonstrate the love of Christ even if they choose not to believe (you may merely be planting a seed to be harvested later).

Rob

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    6. Pray for them. Only God can show them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go thru the Gospel of Matthew with them, and remember that its the work of the Holy Spirit to make them accept Yeshua is messiah!

5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The few ministers that I know of that have led a Jew to Christ did so by:

1) Having a prayerful burden to reach them.

2) Approaching them in respectful and generous love. Exuding Holy Ghost Christian compassion.

3) Showing them Christ through the Old Testament, called in Hebrew the Tanakh. Just as Jesus reaffirmed the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

Due to Jewish anti-Jesus indoctrination, it is very difficult to get a Jew to respectfully consider the New Testament.

I carry a heavy burden for Israeli Jews. Israel has many restrictions on proselytizing. I donate to Gentile Ministry. They print and distribute Hebrew Tanakhs. I request that my donations go directly for Hebrew Tanakhs to be distributed in Israel. They are brought into Israel in small numbers and given to whoever is willing to receive one.

The concept is similar to getting the scriptures directly into the common people's hands the same way the Scriptures eventually got into the common people's hands in Catholic Europe.

Israelis are normally very appreciative to get their own Tanakh in Hebrew.

We must remember that most Jews are not anti-Messiah. Therefore they are subject to seeking the Messiah in the Tanakh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus in His day made the claim that a Jew not really believing Moses (the Law) is the reason for not believing in Hiim in His day, John 5:46-47, ". . . For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"

Now I am not suggesting to make that argument, but rather to encourage your Jewish friend(s) to believe the teachings of Moses as one of the things needed to be done.

• Like Like x 1