1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How to deal with Christ not inheriting Mary's sin nature

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jacob_Elliott, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes, in fact I do and this is crystal clear. You've claimed man can do what God has said. Scripture is contrary to your teaching. Repentance and faith are His gifts, and are clearly taught in Scripture. What YOU are saying is that YOU CAN do these things, repent and believe.

I've not stated such a thing, something you would savor.

Do you not teach man is able to obey God and all His commands? That His commands are able to be obeyed? Yes, in fact you do.

Instead of this Scripture teaches there is no room for boasting which excludes inherent ability, and Scripture teaches repentance and faith both gifts of God, outside of mans 'ability'. You teach it is in mans ability. Deal with it.

I've answered to what you have in fact taught and you have no answer for it. Haven't you taught man is able to do these things, to obey what God says? Yes, certainly you have.

Go for it, report me for showing what you teach. You've taught man CAN obey God, I've shown man cannot and that repentance and faith are His gift. Go for it, report me for teaching that it is all to His glory and none is reckoned for mans ability. I'd be humbled to 'suffer' for this.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Exactly. David is speaking of especially wicked men, and he is speaking in extreme exaggeration or hyperbole.

No child can speak when he first comes out of the womb. You must know language to lie, and where does a baby learn his language? From his parents. So children learn to lie by example and experience.

I have read that Augustine is the first to argue that Psa 51:5 and Psa 58:3 taught Original Sin.

It is more like Augustine started with the presupposition of Original Sin, and then went searching through the scriptures trying to find any possible scripture he could to support it. So, he pulled scripture completely out of context to do this.

In context neither Psa 51:5 nor Psa 58:3 are talking about man's nature at birth.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"Man can do what God has said."
    If man does not do what God says, then he is in trouble.
    He cannot be saved if he does not obey, and believe.
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
    "Call upon the name of the Lord and thou shalt be saved."

As a Christian:
    Pray without ceasing; Give thanks always;
    "A new commandment I give unto you that you love one another."
    Pray in this manner: "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Yes, man can do what God has said. If he doesn't he cannot be saved, baptized, a member of a local church, and bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit. He will, in effect end up in hell.
    You have implied it. A false gospel is no gospel at all. In fact it is not an implication at all is it?
    Which of God's commands did He not intend for us to obey?
    You give me your blathering speculative philosophy without one iota of scripture. I give you scripture and you can't refute it. What does that say about you and your arrogance?
    You have given me nothing but vain philosophy. It would be nice to see some scripture for once. It is nice of you to admit "to what I have taught."
    At least I "teach." I don't simply boast arrogantly of Calvin's beliefs.
    Man can obey God.
    Abraham obeyed God, and God blessed him for it.
    Abel obeyed God and Cain was jealous of him; eventually murdered him.
    Read Hebrews 11. You will find men and women, who by faith, obeyed God.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes, in your teaching man cannot be saved until he D-O-E-S something. The emphasis is on man doing.

No need to go further. But lets go further anyhow, shall we?

You believe man has ability to repent and believe, and that once he D-O-E-S that he gets saved. You also teach God has never given man something man cannot do. This is erroneous teaching and you're plain wrong.

Man MUST (i.e. do something) repent/believe in your message THEN he gets saved.

God is unable until then, yet in your message man IS able.

Wow. That is what you teach. Face it.

Scripture teaches repentance and faith are His gift and that in the true Gospel there is no boasting and that we have received EVERYTHING from him. There is no room for boasting. It is all because of Him that we are in Christ, and it is not because of mans decision.

I'd give Scripture to show this, but you'd only wrest this as in the past.

You teach it is for obeying and doing, and there is no denying this as you've claimed it is in mans ability to obey, yet Scripture says we can only do this after salvation, Ezekiel 36:26ff (something for you to twist).

But then again there IS room for boasting in your message.

Do you see yet?

#84 preacher4truth, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

You need to step away from the keyboard for a little while.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can tell you how to deal with the fact that Christ did not inherit the sin nature of Mary. Are you ready for this?

The Bible tells us so!

That's it. No more needs to be said or understood. When people try to speculate the mechanics of this stuff, much like the mechanics of salvation, it does nothing but create division and arrogance.

The Bible said it, that settles it.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - That settles it. :thumbsup:

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I will bite! Whose DNA was used to create Adam?

9. OldRegular

True believers, the saved, can obey God!

10. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats not what the Bible teaches. Do you not believe that man is born into sin and with a sin nature?

11. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew Winman had some false teachings (KJVO) among other views, but I did not know he believed in such things. I have not paid as close attention to his posts as you. My goodness... He denies and does not wish to reason and debate, he only seeks a platform to air his opinions and his attack on Calvinism.

12. OldRegular

There is a passage of Scripture that speaks to your question.

Habakkuk 1:12, 13
    12. Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
    13. Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

This is the time of the year when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Incarnation. Yet I wonder how many Christians really consider what happened in the Incarnation. The Apostle Paul speaks of the Incarnation in the following Scripture:

Philippians 2:5-8, KJV
    5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Do we as Christians comprehend in any way what the incarnation cost God. Do we really comprehend in any way the holiness of God. God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity, for a time laid aside His Glory, but His Deity, His Holiness, He could not lay aside and yet for some 33 years He lived as a man among sinful man and then He went to the Cross. In light of what Habakkuk says it is beyond the comprehension of mankind, or at least me, how Holy God could live among sinful man.

We would do well to look beyond the “manger”and consider:

No Grace, No Incarnation; No Incarnation, No Cross;
    No Cross, No Resurrection; No Resurrection, No Hope.

We would do well [especially some of us on this Forum] to consider the words of the prophet Isaiah when confronted with the Holiness of God in his vision:

Isaiah 6:5, KJV
    5. Then said I, Woe [is] me! for I am undone; because I [am] a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

And the words of the Apostle John when he was taken, in the spirit, into the throne room of God:

Revelation 4:2-8, KJV
    2 . And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
    3. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
    6. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
    7. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
    8. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

13. OldRegular

FYI Job is talking about natural conception, not Divine conception in a Virgin.

14. OldRegular

You are incorrect here. Jesus Christ indeed was God but He also had a human nature. He was fully God and fully man. I believe that Jesus Christ was born without the inclination to sin, the sin nature. That sin nature is inherited from man and that is one reason that the incarnation had to be accomplished through the Virgin Birth. The Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Yes indeed the Virgin Birth was a sign. It was also a fulfillment of prophecy. The initial prophecy of the Virgin Birth was given in Genesis 3:15, the initial promise of a redeemer, although the prophecy is not as clear as that in Isaiah 7:14.

God does not contradict His Word, therefore, if prophecy were to be fulfilled it was necessary that the human nature of Jesus Christ be a descendant of King David, a descendant of Judah, and born of a Virgin. So you see God could not have simply made a body to carry His Son whatever that means. Conception was accomplished by God but it is a Biblical fact that a human egg, a part of the very human Virgin Mary, was fertilized. All Scripture tells us is:

Luke 1:31-35
    31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    34. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, ]and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Albert Mohler, commenting on the views of A. T Robertson believes that the Virgin Birth was much more than a sign! [Emphasis mine.]

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I addressed that.

If God willed that the body of His Son were made in the family way, there would not have been a prophecy otherwise.

I'm not denying the Virgin Birth. I'm denying the superstitious ideas surrounding it, that sin is something passed through male biology.

Now we have the new absurdity posited by Van that our spirits are being specially created and placed in sinful human bodies.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

It doesn't say that. It asks how any man born of a woman can be clean or righteous.

You can't just make stuff up.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

I seek a platform?

People in glass houses should not throw stones. You come on here and talk about yourself all day. We know every book you purchase, and possibly what you had for lunch.

And if you spent some time reading the Bible you would know everything I believe is straight from the scriptures, I always post scripture to support my views, unlike you and others who believe what someone like John MacArthur told you. Mindless puppets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.