1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to Produce an Anti-police Populace

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by John of Japan, Feb 16, 2016.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never post here, I know, but I had to show this link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/16/us-marshals-arresting-people-outstanding-federal-s/

This is an example of a national police force operating outside the law. There is no law in America that allows the police to take a debtor into custody. It is a regression to the days of Ebeneezer Scrooge, when Britain had debtors' prisons, and it is exactly how to produce a populace that opposes the police. I am not one such--my best friend for 40 years is a cop, and I support our local police fully. But when the police start acting outside the law, the populace will begin to oppose them.

Here is a local incident that won't make it into the papers. Friday night there was a break-in at a local retirement home. We visited a couple there on Saturday and heard that the police, since they could not get anyone to answer the main door, entered the facility through the outside door of their private residence, which they had foolishly left open. This is against the law!

When I was in Bangladesh and spoke to a school about obedience, I told the kids to obey the police, but my interpreter translated it as "obey those in authority," because the cops there are as crooked as a dog's hind leg. It would be very sad if America came to that place. (And yes, I know that there are already segments of the population that don't trust police, but in general our police do a fine job.)