1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HTML encoded mail

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by bruren777, Nov 11, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

This is to Bro James Newman,

I couldn't find you in the member directory so I'm getting in touch with you this way. First of all I'm a procrastinator, I have a Round Tuit above my work bench.

Back in August I posted a msg re. encoded script when I replied or fwd. em. I after I got your em suggesting I try an alternate ISP, which I did.

Before I did I was able to fwd an encocded script to main ISP. They diagnosed the problem to something at their end. To fix it they want me to bring my PC in, there are some settings they have to tweak. I don't understand it, but I'll take their word for it.

I being a first class procrastinator have put of taking my PC in as I'm using Yahoo as my alternate ISP. When using Yahoo I don't have any problems.

Thanks Bro.
    In Him,
    Bro. Bruce

:D ;) [​IMG]

2. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

DSL vs Dialup,
    After many complaints about the phone line being tied up when I was online, I decided to check out my ISP for DSL. They had it, but not in my area, after more discussion with a tech there he told me he would check on something and get back to me.

He called later in the day and told me that he talked to a tech at the phone co. and they could get DSL for me for $27. per month with no hookup fee plus 2 months free. I don't remember how they worked it out, but I'm satisfied.

DSL is so much better, now they have cable internet, it's supposed to better better than DSL, but it's more expensive. As I said, I'm satified with DSL.

[​IMG] :D

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

LOL, well I'm glad they are getting it taken care of for you. I don't know why they would need to change settings on your PC if it is a problem with their stuff... but whatever works I say. Good to hear it brother.