1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee preaches in S.C.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Scribe, Jan 14, 2008.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Huckabee preaching

:thumbs:

#1 The Scribe, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is on th same line as the stunt pulled by Hilary. That is assuming her tears were fake.

He isn't there as a visiting pastor. He isn't there just because.. He is there to gain votes, plain and simple.

To use the pulpit to gain votes is wrong in my opinion. Teach the people how to act and then let them vote for themselves. He can say he didn't take politics but we all know what he is doing.

Stunts shouldn't get people elected and this is just another one in my opinion.

Jamie

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I don't think he should have been preaching either - he's there on a political stump and if any other the other candidates had stepped behind the pulpit for any reason, well . . .

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Democratic candidates have been behind pulpits before and no one has said anything, so has Jesse Jackson and Sharpton and nothing was said.

At least Huckabee was a preacher and was preaching, not just saying vote for me.
    Of course he wants Christians to vote for him. He's against the things we want him to be against.

Sharpton in 2003 asking for votes from a pulpit.
    Sharpton

Obama behind a pulpit.
    Obama

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Except for big government and raising taxes. Plus I am not sure how he would do in the global war on terror.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I didn't like it then either.

Nothing was said?

That was a while back. I might not have said anything here (I don't remember), but I said plenty.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree. I did not like it when the democrats do it and I do not like it now.

The pulpit should be reserved for proclaiming God's Word and the Gospel, not for drawing publicity in a political campaign.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am with you there mcdirector! I don't like it now, didn't like it then and won't like it ever.

If you're running for President and stumping in a state, then you can't get away from that no matter what your "other job" is/was.

It's wrong plain and simple. It's a stunt and the pulpit shouldn't be used for a stunt.

Jamie

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Ain't that the truth!... <running and hiding....> :tongue3:

Jamie :saint:

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I second that.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

We have a motion and a second all in favor.... all opposed?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Some people are so wrapped up in gaining political power that there is no fear of God nor is anything sacred.

Think about it. Most of what the democrats and republicans produce and say have motivations created in the pits of hell. It does not bother the conscience of the average politician to take this garbage into the house of God.

God and our two political parties have nothing in common.

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Hush :D

Everyone knows I say plenty most all the time. :laugh:

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Did I just hear a "So be it"?

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there any evidence available to smear the character of this man in this fashion? The very basic understanding of Christian love is that we do not act suspuciously of another until there is clear evidence to do so.

Just because he is a candidate does not offer enough evidence to question his motives behind the pulpit. And I doubt anyone here knows the details of the circumstances of his invitation to preach in that church.

This thread has thus far been very sad.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You and Bill are looking good, and congrats on the NH primary.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

you are a stinker :D

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has nothing to do with evidence. It has to do with using the house of God to promote a political campaign. Are you not a pastor? Don't you think the place where you preach the Word from deserves more respect than to hand it over to a politician?

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

All we have said is that we don't think he should be preaching in the state in which is currently stumping for the office of President of the United States. This is not a smear. It is a statement of how we feel about this particular issue.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually you said he was there on a politcal stump. Another said he was there to gain votes. This places him in the pulpit with alterior motives. No evidence has been given to support this other than he is a candidate. This unnecessarily assigned motives that cannot be proved. We should assume he is there with the correct motives unless he has a proven track record of doing otherwise.