1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurricane

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Beth, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Beth

Beth New Member

Let's be in prayer for the folks of New Orleans and surrounding areas. Apparently as of this morning, Sunday morning, there are mandatory evacuations going on. I pray that all folks reach safety in time and that the unsaved can come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Beth

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Last I heard, Gustov was a tropical storm. I turn on the news this morning and it's a Cat3 and expected to be atleast a Cat4 by landfall. The fact that it's hitting already still damaged Louisiana, it's really scary. I can't imagine living in that area right now. On the news this morning, they said that there will be NO sheltering efforts in the area and anyone who stays is on their own. They're being really strong about this and I don't blame them. Anyone who stays honestly needs to have their heads examined after what happened last time. Is your life worth losing just over a bunch of wood, wires and sheetrock? I know it's home, but still. That can be replaced. Your life can't.

My prayers are with these residents, the government and all those involved in the emergency services. I can't begin to imagine....

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: in agreement . Praying for Pres. Bush and those who are
    helping in the evacuation for safety,cooperation,and etc.