1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypnosis- opinions on it?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Rachel, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Lamaze is not the same as meditation or hypnosis techniques. I've been through natural childbirth (Bradley method) and believe me, you can't get into an altered state during childbirth through breathing exercises!

Having been in the occult and New Age for about 20 yrs, and having studied and experienced trance/hypnotic/altered states extensively during that time and studied it since then, and as a speaker and writer on this topic, I can guarantee you that hypnotic states are crucial tools in the occult and have been around in occultism and in eastern mysticism for ages. You have to practice a technique to get into it - it does not come naturally. It is not natural. It is an altered state - one altered from the natural.

The issue is not whether being in such a state is sin or is evil but rather that it is a state in which the mind is suspended from critical thinking and judgment, and can be influenced and manipulated either by spirits, bizarre subconscious thoughts, or other people.

2. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

"I can guarantee you that hypnotic states are crucial tools in the occult and have been around in occultism and in eastern mysticism for ages. You have to practice a technique to get into it - it does not come naturally. It is not natural.'

Then I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I'm talking about victims off the street who cannot recall details. The details are in their brains, but they can't "see" them. People who don't spend their lives practicing the accult but just want to remember the numbers on a license plate. They're guided to relax their minds enough to see the details.

When I was in college, I studied for my exams in the same desk that I took them. Why? Because as I would study, I would look around the room while trying to memorize lists and details, names, dates, etc. I also drew pictures beside my notes.

The day of the exam, I came up with the answers easier because the details would flash in my mind as I saw details in the room...the clock, a brick in the wall, the corner of a desk. certain smells would trigger my memory. I would recall the pictures I drew and try to "redraw" them because just flexing certain muscles that I flexed while drawing brought back the answers.

This is not new age stuff. It's simply triggering the memory the best I knew how.

Many times I've gone into the kitchen and forgot why I went in there...or I was going to say something to my husband but forgot what I was going to say. All I have to do in these instances is return to the place the original thought occured, and almost every time that thought returns to me.

Many times they take the victim back to the place he/she was victimized and the memories flood back to them.

Hypnotism in this sense is not much different. the psychologist-or whoever conducts this-knows how to take the victim back to the scene while keeping him/her calm so he/she can remember the details. They know what to say to trigger the memories. It's not hocus-pocus voodoo stuff where the victim has to practice a technique to alter his/her mind. It's getting the victim to relax enough to be able to recall the details.

No, the session cannot be recorded and used in court. HOWEVER, the victim can, say, recall the numbers of a license plate while being relaxed. The numbers can be entered into a database, which brings up an address. The police can go to that address, find the vehicle, find blood on the vehicle, match the DNA in the blood to the DNA in the victim's blood and in this scenerio, no...the hypnosis is NOT used in court, but the session leads the detectives and police to the evidence they need that stands alone in the case, can win the case, without the hypnosis session even being mentioned in court.

Cases have been won with hypnosis as a tool. The same thing happens with polygraph tests. The tester asks questions, the test reveals when the person is lying. No, it's not 100% effective because many things can alter the results. But, the results can help the police rule out or include people on the suspect list. The test alone cannot be used to try to prove the person is guilty, but if the needle is racing off the page, especially during certain questions and not other questions, the police can use the test to zero in on what to look for, where to look for evidence, etc. They find the evidence and the evidence stands alone. it speaks for itself without the need for the results of the polygraph test.

3. Victory in Jesus

LOL! I'm glad we've finally seen the day when men can actually SEE what they do to us and what we have to go through to get the baby out. That's probably why there are only one or two kids to a household now.

I don't think my Dad really knew what my mother had to go through since there were five of us. :D

By the way, the "new age" childbirth or whatever it was...didn't work. I felt pain. So did my husband. He has nailscars in his hands, but the nails were from my fingers. LOL!

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Right, what you describe above is not hypnosis at all.

This is just questioning a person - this is not hypnosis at all. Hypnosis and relaxation are NOT the same thing at all. One may be relaxed when hypnotized, but they are not equivalents.

Yes, but because it is considered so unrealiable it is not allowed in court and witnesses' testimony based on hypnosis is not allowed. Same in the U.K.

Convictions of some men accused of sexual abuse were thrown out because the evidence against them was obtained under hypnosis.

Past life regression (recalling "past lives") is done under hypnosis, meeting spirit guides is done under hypnosis (though it's not called hypnosis), recall of alien abductions is done under hypnosis. These examples just go to show what hypnosis produces.

You might as well just give people a nice cup of tea to relax them, or in my case, a cup of coffee to stimulate my mind, and then ask questions. Make mine a Starbucks cappucino. [​IMG]

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Victory in Jesus

Marcia, testimonies themselves are many times unreliable in court. But my point is that it has also led to solving cases. Hypnosis may be unreliable, but evidence is not, and many times the hypnosis has led to evidence that they might never have found without the aid of hypnosis. Read the artical I posted a link to (and not just the part saying it's unreliable many times).

Look, I'm tired of going around in circles. I've stated the same things over and over. I know we shouldn't hate, but I hate pedophiles, rapists, kidnappers, etc. I want to see them hung. No, a child molester may not actually KILL children, but once the act is done, they've taken their lives...and possible a string of lives since many times victims go on to repeat the crimes they were once victims of.

I hate our laws, I hate that these beasts are let out over and over again only to repeat their crimes. So, if hypnosis is going to lead detectives to the evidence...SHOOT!...if PSYCHICS are going to lead the detectives to evidence (and I don't believe in them), I say GO FOR IT!!!...USE THEM!!! I'll take a hypnotist AND psychic over a molester's testimony ANY TIME...especially when it leads them to the evidence. If we were talking about how hypnosis can be used in any other profession, I wouldn't even bother arguing about it. I cry almost every time I post in here and it's wearing me out.

I see the hypnotist as a tool...like a 4-year-old kid pointing to the area where he saw a gun that was used in a crime: "Thank you, Ma'am..we have what we need, we don't need you any more". The kid is no longer needed since he didn't SEE the suspect drop the weapon, but the fingerprints on the gun, the blood spatter, the mark the gun leaves on the bullets...all this can be used in court. The kid can't, but he was very instrumental in the case. Yeah, sometimes kids call in false reports...4 year-olds can't testify because they're unreliable, yadda...yadda...yadda

So, at this point, let's just agree to disagree before we end a friendship that hasn't even started yet. I don't want to make any enemies in here and I never posted with that goal in mind.

One thing we agree on is Starbucks makes some pretty good cappuccino. So when you're out getting yours, pick me up some, too...and make mine a double. ;)

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hi, VIJ,
    Sorry, pragmatism is not my theology. Psychics may help police, too, (I think they are helped by demons at times) but I can't endorse psychics for the police.

I don't feel that disagreeing here is any threat to friendship -- after all, this is the debate forum. People disagree here all the time - it's sort of what we do. ;)

So I have no ill feelings toward you for disagreeing with me, no matter how strongly.

But I appreciate your desire to move on -- I think we've beaten this to death.

Ordering -- a tall cappucino and a double! [​IMG]

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Remember that verse about satan appearing as an angel of light? Well, everything that looks good, isn't. And no one ever said things of satan don't work, like psychics. Thats why we are to test the spirits. Test what we are told, what we see, what we believe, against scripture.

9. Victory in Jesus