1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I’ve had second thoughts about the gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jul 1, 2012.

1. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Please don't worry ... my only fascination is with you! ... Unbelievably fascinating!

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Please answer the questions. You are in a debate group. Why are you not prepared to give answers to your beliefs? Only attacking me personally is not debating doctrine.

3. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

More posts from that Administrator of a non-denominational forum ...

He responded to someone:

What about the TRUE s/w/m of God that are happening out there in the world... can you address THEM at all?
    Or are your ONLY gonna discuss the false/fake out there in the world and thus... IGNORE the true s/w/m
    and REFUSE to discuss the true s/w/m of God happening today. Tell me... with all the examples you gave above...
    if you witnessed any, would you immediately call the s/w/m accomplished in your presence... OF the devil?
    Think about that question seriously HARD, it is a very serious question.

And he responded to someone else:
    Are you going to discuss the true s/w/m that God is doing today? Because if you are, then we will BE ABLE to discuss the scrip-tures. See here is the problem... if you will not acknowledge that God is doing s/w/m today, then to discuss those scriptures in accordance with what God is doing today, is impossible. I made it clear... there ARE false and fake s/w/m today done by the devil (false) and by man (fake). I can discuss about them and also discuss all the scriptures. However, there are TRUE s/w/m today done by God... if you can discuss these s/w/m then it will be possible to discuss all those scriptures in accordance with the truth of the Bible. If you will NOT aknowledge God continues to allow s/w/m... then the only thing you will discuss is the doctrine you have chosen to believe in and what that doctrine means and what "its" truth is. This means it will be impossible to discuss the truth of the scriptures with you in relation with what God continues to do on a miraculous level today. So let me know what you honestly plan to do.

Another response:
    NO... the point is this. If you witness a "supernatural" miracle, would you AUTOMATICALLY call the miracle "OF" satan as the source?
    If you would not or CANNOT... then what value is the doctrine you believe? So the question is VERY straight forward...
    would you call ANY supernatural miracle today, "of satan"? If you would not or cannot, then... WHY not?

Another response:
    "Fake" is NOT supernatural... stop changing the topic so you don't have to answer.
    Any SUPERNATURAL miracle (not any fake so called miracle)...
    If you witness a "supernatural" miracle, would you AUTOMATICALLY call the miracle "OF" satan as the source?
    We have established many times, that satan does false supernatural miracles and man does FAKE shows that they call miraculous...
    if that is all you will discuss, it is CLEAR you are using this as a tactic NOT to answer the question that is asked.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to say something like... I'm not gonna answer the question and I will also stop wasting everyone's time avoiding the question.

A second testimony from the Administrator
    I've given testimony all throughout this forum of people being healed, the testimony is ignored. Just 2 months ago or a person came to the altar who was wearing an ankle brace. Limping they came forward. While I prayed I was told by God to anoint the person's ankle and pray for healing. They left and I immediately continued to pray over others at the altar. Later I saw this person had removed the brace and was not limping... dude, I was crying once I saw that and praised God. I witnessed this also when others prayed over injured people (this is the past 2 years), one threw their cane and the other walked away from their walker, then ran around the church, they left carrying the folded up walker on their shoulder because they wanted to not only give testimony of their healing but also show the "proof". That cane, lay on the altar till the church clean up crew came on their Thursday and asked what to do with the cane...
    they were told to just toss it out with the rest of the trash. As a matter of fact, that person who had the problem
    since childhood was playing basketball with their children, running around the court all the week after God healed them.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So what???? Why should we accept the testimony of a perfect stranger about things we believe to be unbiblical?

5. mandym

mandym New Member

News Flash:

There is no news flash. And the gospel is not healing or miracles.

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

If the gifts have ceased then a Scripture like this one has no relevance for the believer
    (other than the believer in the first century or so):

Matthew 7:
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
    but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
    and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If there are no more working of miracles, who are these poor folks Jesus is referring to.
    Is the Word of God only relevant to the first century or is it everlasting?
    Why would Jesus warn about the "gifts" being useless without "fruit" if there are no more gifts?
    Is it fair that only the first century "fake" saints miss Christ "in that day"?

Matthew 24:
    23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders;
    insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Unless one is a preterist and believes this prophecy was fulfilled in the first century (70AD),
    you would have to conclude that before His Second Coming there will be false christs that will exhibit great miracles.
    How is it possible for the elect to be even close to being fooled by them?
    If you do not believe in miracles, signs, wonders ... its not possible to be fooled when you see them occur.
    They would have to be obviously from the devil since God stopped doing them in the first century.
    Simply put, there has to be "real" prophets and "real" miracles occurring to be fooled by
    "false" prophets and "lying" wonders.
    No one counterfeits a $3 dollar bill, they only counterfeit a real bill.
    Similarly, in order for the devil to fool anyone, there must be a real thing.
    If there are no real miracles, prophets, etc. there cannot be false ones in existence.

#26 evangelist-7, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012