1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I-75 closed for 6 weeks in part of Fla...

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by D28guy, Jun 5, 2008.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I used to live in Berea, where you now live. I lived there before I-75 went by. US 25 was always jammed with traffic on the weekends. I can imagine that re-routed traffic in Florida will be even worse than that was.

I was a member of Berea Baptist Church, and the only reason people could get in and out of the parking lot was that one of the church members was also the police chief (Dick LeMaster). He saw to it that there was a patrol officer on duty.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I work about an hour north of the crash in Riverview FL and the driver of the truck is from Brooksville where I live.
    Apparently he was trying to avoid hitting another vehicle where the driver lost control and over he went. An absolute tragedy probably because someone was driving too fast for conditions or in a hurry. I take I-75 everyday to go from Brooksville to Riverview. The speed limit is 70mph and most people are doing 90.

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Joseph,

The Church is still there and doing well. I actually live one block away from Berea Baptist Church. I pass it all the time on my bike, or car.

Berea is a wonderful little town to live in. I just love this place. A beautiful place to live. Hope God never moves me. :thumbs:

Mike