1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am going to miss Bush so much

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

As a machinist, who is not retired, I was better off during the administrations Crabtownboy was talking about as well. I will admit, however, that under George W. Bush I have been better off than under Reagan or Bush Sr. The best years were during Nixon, Ford, and Carter. During the Clinton years, things were pretty good as well.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. You are wrong.

2. That is not how most people perceive the situation...and they never will. In the history books the Republican Bush administration will always own this economic catastrophe.

3. Conservatives can continue to deny reality but it won't do them any more good than it did in the 2006 election or the 2008 election. If the Republicans had owned up to their failures then they might have had a chance of at least mitigating their huge defeats.

4. And I am not talking about this from the perspective of my personal investments having done badly, because they haven't. My IRA is way, way up this year. And my 401(k), where I have a lot less flexibility and so play it more conservatively, is up about 2% this year. I got out of stocks in my 401(k) last year a little bit before the market top. So my statements about the Bush administration's economic failures is from looking at the overall economy, not because I have done poorly personally.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You hit the nail on the head. So many look to the government for their happiness.

The only thing I'll add was that the Eisenhower years wasn't great is why JFK gave the tax cut to get thing going and some say he went into Vietnam was to get job going. I guess it is the only thing I liked about JFK, off hand I can't think of any thing else.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You must have slept during the misery of the Carter years.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Bin Ladin's network is everywhere and nowhere. They're like the wind. There have been cells in the middle east but also Europe (UK, Germany), the U.S., Africa.... Destroying this network isn't done by Humvees and 150,000 troops. It's done by covert activities.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No, I was too busy working six days a week, operating an engine lathe to notice.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The main thing I liked about JFK was his challenge to be on the moon by the end of the decade. (Of course I was an Aerospace Engineering student at the time.) I thought that challenge unified the country more yhan it has even been unified since WWII and led to tremendous scientific and engineering advances. (Economic as well.)