1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am IN THE DOGHOUSE at work.....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Dec 18, 2013.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never laughed so hard as when I read the above!

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am still in a state (or commonwealth) of shock!

How can you adults not believe in Santa!:tear:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Given to hyperbole - perfect!

Scarlet, if it makes you feel better, I get them in high school. Occasionally, I hear one "reminisce" about having pulled that one off and hitting pay-dirt that Christmas, so I'd be a bit skeptical. It's usually a boy though, and it ended up being a gaming system. After one of the threads here, I looked up stories where adults talked about how/when they found out Santa wasn't real. (was looking for the Santa/religion connection) I read through a great deal of stories, and not one was a teenager. If I remember right, only one was ten, and spoke of being very ashamed to have been that old and how none of his friends did, yet he argued anyhow, so even he had been told by that age. Most of the ones who were 8 and 9 when they disclosed disbelief say they knew, but didn't tell their parents because they either wanted to keep it going for siblings, because they thought their parents enjoyed it, or were afraid the presents wouldn't be as good if they said they knew it wasn't real, but by that age realized they were too old to keep pretending without it being socially weird.

4. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Wow, I'm so sorry, Scarlett. This is ridiculous!! And I hope you were called to the principal's office only as a formality to inform you the mother was upset, and that you were not reprimanded.