1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I am liking Pope Francis

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a faith that moves mountains brother..... God Bless You!:godisgood:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The RCC believes he is preaching the gospel. All of the "fathers" that speak on the news outlets all say the pope's #1 job is to preach the gospel and that is "God loves you and you should love one another".

They are all clueless......blind leading the blind straight into hell.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you dodge the question.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, the lesser of two sinners response.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that's the social gospel. That's what the Catholic church has become.

Unfortunately true.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha hahaaaaaa ha....ok, so now, ask me if I care:laugh:

7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray for all those that are lost--all those whom God has chosen were once lost.

The Apostle Paul said that if he or anyone even an angel from heaven preaches any other Gospel, let them be: Anathema, aka, accursed. Papacy is another gospel. The whole system is corrupt from the beginning-- circa Council of Nicea. Peter is not the Rock of the Church--Jesus is The Rock. The whole system is a masterpiece of satan.

Will Francis go emeritus too? Let the canon lawyers dig into this new dilemma.

Then there are those who say all popes since Vatican II are really anti-popes. No wonder it takes so long to get canonized or is it beatified?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#107 Bro. James, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh......dude, where YOU been.....it always was :laugh: My Lord, and they keep rolling them out like a GM assembly line....brain washing them to believe their crap. Now they gotta New crop of idiots to mold and shape and they are going to pull out all the stops. Look their priests at the parishes are all behind the anti abortion agenda, some might even say they champion it. See but they gotta get middle tier white Catholics to buy into the liberal agenda....that's why papa wants you to reach out and touch the poor South American and open up the boarders.....but it ain't playing well with middle America....but it certainly arouses the espanholers. Poppy watch over us....Gods on our side! Dumb, dumb, dumb....but hey they gotta dream and we are slowly gravitating into racial obscurity. It's a wacky world, theatrically fun to watch.....and truthfully I find the whole pope thing absurd. I still like the guy though and wonder if deep down he is not sincere.....well time will tell.:wavey:

#108 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, no,no James, see people give money to get someone made a saint and that money is pure profit revenue......So if you drag it out it becomes a wheel of fortune,right! Or is that power ball.....Anyway Bingo!!!:laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I did not. I asked you to clarify your question. Try harder Tom, I know you can if you apply yourself.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

I absolutely love and admire Pope Francis. Honestly, I am not that religious who follows every norm and tradition of the Roman Catholic church, but I am highly spiritual and I do have a personal relationship with God. I have also never been a fan of popes because I think most of them were hypocrites, but Pope Francis made me like him as a person. He is genuinely sincere and he has compassion towards people.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont adore the guy, I reserve that for my Lord & Savior Jesus, but I like him as a person who attempts to be humble & caring of others. He has the daunting task of bringing the RCC church in line with the scriptures....particularly Christs teachings & so I pray for Francis to be the theologian he needs to be in order to make that happen. However if he does take a liberal political stance then he will muff it.....I hope that's not the case but only time will tell.

13. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

Bergoglio is a product of progressive Jesuit education and south American liberation theology. He was almost elected at the conclave which elected Ratzinger. Bergoglio was seen by the progressives within the Catholic Church as a means to further the humanist agenda started by Vatican Council II. The rot permeates all of Rome, and the putrefaction is spreading. There are conservative Bishops making noise about all of this, but since this current age seems to be controlled by the progressives, it will be interesting to watch this play out.
    Please pray for the catholics, that they will awaken to the truth of the gospel.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm curious what you mean by "highly spiritual"? I gave this some thought, and asked of myself if I would consider myself highly spiritual. I guess I would have to have a definition of highly spiritual. lol. Anyways, just wondering. And what would you define a personal relationship with God is? Different folks have different definitions of this. A devout Jew would claim a personal relationship with God, yet having not been born of God through receiving the Spirit of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, they in reality do not, they are deceived.

15. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

Then sadly you are incredibly deceived. He is not even humble, as he accepts the praises of people. He lets people worship him, that's not humble. He's a heretic / false teacher. He's a mass deceiver. And last but not least, he said Christ's life ended in failure.

16. tintiano

tintiano New Member

Pope Francis is the breath of fresh air the Catholic Church needed. His actions show him to be genuine. Many with a conservative bent of mind accuse him of betraying their cause. The honest fact is that he has betrayed no one. He continues to hold on to every one of the teachings of the Catholic Church. He speaks out on an issue only when he has to. He is a champion.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL......I am the product of a progressive Jesuit education (as was my brother who was a IFB Pastor)......so what? Do you think there are not rotten putrid protestants & baptists? If I were you, Id think twice prior to throwing stones.

My observation of the BB forum is that it never changes......there always has to be someone villified on here. When I 1st started here, the board was in the throws of attacking anything even remotely catholic....in short, they were purged from the place. So instead of having dialog, we had a mass exit.

The next thing (my prediction only) is there will be a renewed attack on "The Reformed" & that will be lively & also unbecoming of the christian character. So lets have at it, this catholic nonsense is getting boring anyway. Maybe lets try a new venue...... "Attacking Lutherans" Laugh

18. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

Obviously there are many rotten pastors of all stripes, since no denomination is protected from the occasional wolf. Bergoglio is leading a progressive, modernist shift within the catholic church. The errors of Catholicism not withstanding, he will do to the catholic church what has already been accomplished in several denominations. The rejection of biblical principles for worldly acceptance. Sad.
    As to Christian character, i believe we are to call out error, or am i mistaken?

Pray for all Christians to remain faithful to the Gospel.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just what would be the "breath of fresh air" you see that the popes before him did not have or preach?

20. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brothers and Sisters lest we forget!

6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Noticed what I highlighted in bold that is where our battle is and not with each other... EWF... Lutherans?... Brother Glen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.