1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am really impressed with Obamas ad

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Jun 29, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I posted in a different thread you can ask me on the evening of November 4 whom I voted for if you want to know. All I will say before then is that it won't be Senator McCain.

2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I saw that ad. I'm not impressed. Obama is just trying to get the vote from those of us who are bitter and cling to our guns and religion.

I'm not crazy about McCain, either.

I normally vote for the candidate I think will do the least amount of damage. It's going to be tough to decide this year. :confused:

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I'm not going to vote for either dud. Obama is a slick campaigner with no substance and McCain is a liberal posing as a Republican. I'll just leave the POUS box empty. God help us either way.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never say "never"!

My daughter's qualifications for a husband when she was mid-late teens:
    HE:
    Had to be Baptist
    Like dancing
    Like country music
    Have a very unusual last name

No one, not meeting at least the majority of the qualifications, would be considered.

He turned out to:
    Be Methodist
    Hated dancing
    Hated country music
    Last name "SMITH"
    :godisgood:
    Be careful what you say, cause you may have to eat those same words

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Nothing impresses me about Barack Hussein Obama. Anybody can lie, especially a politician. Before an election people can get whipped into a euphoric state by campaign promises and pledges of change when everybody knows a POTUS can only do a very limited amount within the trappings of the office. Pathetic.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

This is so silly!!!! And stupid!!!!!

It is so sad that many people in our country are persuaded by the beautiful side of evil.... I mean by the purposely designed to capture our attention used by advertising ......... that they refuse or neglect to use the brains God gave them to study the candidates and compare before they become enamored to give their vote.

Someone else on this board made a remark about 'Ron Paul' to the effect... that they didn't know anything about him and they didn't care as he wouldn't get their vote anyway!...... IMO, shameful attitude regarding interest in the candidates for the highest office of the land!

People, we have the internet and presently it is free beyond the price of ISP, and it is still yet uncensored with information and searches available for all. I may not be good at presenting forth my reasonings regarding my opinion of one candidate or another..... But, I searched the facts behind each candidate before committing in the primary. It saddens me and I think people should feel some shame if they profess their ignorance and shallow response to advertising and present no more body of interest or knowledge.

Anyone reading this post is capable of searching out the facts for themselves....

'Course there always some who want to just read opinions on a particular board of interest and use the opinions of others to help them make up their own mind. They let others decide for them and don't search and think for themselves.

Question:

Who is running for President of the United States?

Answer:

Barrack Obama
    John McCain
    Bob Barr
    Chuck Baldwin

and

Ron Paul (is still in the running..... and may be nominated by a state at the Republican National Convention)

Green Party and Other Party Candidates.. may also be running.....worth a search.

To folks who believe they only have two choices and don't like either...... I dare you to search out the information regarding the names I've presented. Chances are you will find a choice nearer to acceptance of your own conscience than the two leading candidates which the captured media mongruls give attention to.

#26 windcatcher, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now that's what I call settling... :thumbs:

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest you open your eyes and your mind for a clearer look at the real Obama, not the one produced for your consumption in some very slickly done advertisements.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are a single issue voter, after all.

Despite your many many denials. :laugh:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without a doubt.