1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Challenge You

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by StephenH, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Is this a serious reply? If so you really need to do some serious soul searching. Do you really believe that supporting Mike Huckabee is the test of true Christianity? I hope not.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

StephenH, I hope the folks that run the homepage you list, claiming to be a non-profit, can lose that status with their campaigning. This is on the website, under the title "We Support Huck". Let me know what the IRS does!
    [​IMG]

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

It's disturbing to hear people talk of Huckabee (and some have spoken of Paul this way) as being a test of being Holy, Godly, American, et.al. Such twaddle.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Technically, Clinton was CBF. But why nitpick about that when we can talk about Masons :laugh:

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hyp·o·crite –noun
    1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

I'm not sure how you can justify calling anyone in this thread a "hypocrite" since we are acting according to our stated beliefs. And I doubt you would know anything about our private lives since the first post you ever made on Baptist Board started this thread.

Therefore, I am led to believe that you are just engaging in petty name calling because you didn't get your way.

You're representing Huckabee very poorly. I'm sure you've lost most support for him than you have gained by your actions.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The reason I will not vote for Romney is because of his pandering to voters by falsely claiming to change his views on abortion, gay rights, gun control, and immigration. It has nothing to do with being a Mormon.

The reason I will not vote for Barak Obama is because of his view of how to run this country. It has nothing to do with his faith.

As someone said in an earlier post, if you want to go by denomination, I think the last two Baptists to occupy the office should last us a lifetime.