1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I finally agree with James White on something

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “You keep your eye on what ends up happening at Southwestern. That’s going to be fascinating. You see who ends up in leadership there. If it goes the same direction as Southeastern, don’t say you didn’t know, because I told you so.” James White

James White on the Southern Baptist Convention, Patterson, and Egalitarianism

I am not a big fan of his but I have to agree with him here and it is exactly what I have been saying.

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    White's comments surprise me. I know 2 people at SEBTS and neither have said anything about the egalitarian/social justice movement at SEBTS. White name dropped James Cone who as far as I know was a proponent of liberation theology. I am also unaware of this being promoted at SEBTS. I am sure it is being discussed, as it should, but it is being championed by the university?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk