1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I finally feel persecuted in America...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been struggling with something new I have read in the Word of God lately:

The biblical injunctions to avoid fools, not argue with them, answer their foolishness on terms beyond theirs, not be their companion, and not take their advice means that most Western Christians are in fact sinning all the time. The bible carefully defines the actions and beliefs of fools and worse than fools. The following websites have educated me greatly about all of this:

64 Bible verses about Fools, Characteristics Of

What Does the Bible Say About Fool?

They have shown me that the Proverbs on the simple, fools, and mockers are essential for understanding how to live wisely in the modern day. Our cultures do not teach us these simple and necessary rules of life from God’s point of view. And most American Christians sin by rejecting these biblical commands because at the very least secularists are all fools. Almost every Christian I know has best friends who are atheist or homosexual and beyond. I had foolish (to the bible), sinful best friends as a false Christian for years before coming to Christ a year ago.

I have come to understand my personal situation, which is one of estrangement form everyone but my family and church. It is this way because I have been eliminating from my life people beyond my family that pull me down or seem to compromise me with temptations. I have also been eliminating everything that does the same. Now, I have bible verses that teach me why this is a good thing in plain language. I no longer go to Hollywood movies, I no longer listen to pop songs, I no longer make close friends out with people the bible calls fools, and I will have to home-school the children I eventually plan to have because the education system's curriculum is foolish to the extreme.

I now understand that Christians are persecuted in America the more and more we obey the Word of God, the bible. We are persecuted most by an estrangement and ostracization in this society from others and the lifeblood of our culture, which is entertainment. This detachment from things and people that are foolish feels oppressive in the extreme, but I know I am simply obeying God's commands.

Personally I have been tormented by the devil through the many, many medical disorders I have; I have been downtrodden by my disabilities and the income they have robbed me of; and now I feel very oppressed by my own people. In it all I of course count it all joy and love our Father in heaven, His Son Jesus Christ, and His Spirit by obeying Him.

#1 Steven Yeadon, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have their reward in this world. Encouragement from our brothers is priceless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's one of the saddest parts really. I see more and more clearly now, when I talk to everyday people, how different they are from me. How they live in a perpetual fast-paced life of thrill like I used to. How most people hate the serious, and try to stay pleasured by something whether it be music, a movie, or the internet. How, for lack of a better word, "shallow" everyday people's attitudes, words, and actions seem to be because they all seem to revolve around this world. How the occasional deep thoughts are reserved for the doctrines of demons or the foolishness of secularism. I see clearly now that most people just want to eat, drink, and be merry before a death they do not understand. It depresses me really.

Amen to that!

• Agree Agree x 1