1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I guess UT doesn't get a bowl game . . .

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by StefanM, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so. Arkansas had six quite good seasons before the last two. And I expect them to be back on the winning side next season and going to a bowl game.
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    Good is a relative term.
    Both good assessments. I also look for Fulmer to back off and let Chavis and Cutcliffe run things with at least a modified philosophy. He can hardly afford not to.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I had an extraordinarily long and detailed post to Scott's comments, but it did not take for some reason despite indications otherwise. If I get time, I'll repost.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Actually, I tried again posting to rebuff Scott's analysis and lack of logic and to correct some mis-statements, but the post would take us near or over the 3 page limit, and I have to put my moderator's hat on and let it lie.

We do need to wrap up since we're off topic and especially since we've reached the three page mark.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish you had posted your response... considering what WVU just did to UGA with nothing close to the talent UT has, I think there is very good, recent evidence to support my contention that it is coaching, discipline, and player development, and specifically NOT talent, that has caused the Vols to decline.

Please "correct" my mis-statements... since most of what I said was supported by stats and specifics.